House to rent: No Pets, No Smokers, NO BENEFITS

But thats what they're paying rent for and a bond,so to most landlords some mess is acceptable. Obviously they'd expect the tenant to use the toilet so wouldn't anticipate human urine.

I don't think i've met a pet owner who's dog,cat or house rabbit hasn't vomited,urinated or had the runs on the carpets.Yet i've never met a parent who's child has peed up the table leg.

Many years ago my Ma had the misfortune to take me and my brother to the supermarket.

It was all a bit overwhelming for my brother he got muddled up and peed up the side of the freezer :hihi: he was five at the time and swore it was a urinal like the big boys used!

My Mam's face was a picture, she had been Hyacinth Bucketing with the woman from the butchers and not watching us.

Many years ago my Ma had the misfortune to take me and my brother to the supermarket.

It was all a bit overwhelming for my brother he got muddled up and peed up the side of the freezer :hihi: he was five at the time and swore it was a urinal like the big boys used!

My Mam's face was a picture, she had been Hyacinth Bucketing with the woman from the butchers and not watching us.

My brother in law woke up in the night once,extremely worse for wear walked into the airing cupboard and peed,he swore blind it was the toilet.(but it was his house).

How many people looking to rent properties have bad debts and ccjs,I bet most of them have,so they don't want people with pets they don't want smokers they don't want dss they only want people with jobs they don't want people with ccjs so who do the want to rent to Jesus.

How many people looking to rent properties have bad debts and ccjs,I bet most of them have,so they don't want people with pets they don't want smokers they don't want dss they only want people with jobs they don't want people with ccjs so who do the want to rent to Jesus.

Nice, polite, WORKING, courteous people who don't smoke, understand they are being trusted with a very valuable asset belonging to someone else, are able to be pleasant with neighbours and realise that it is their responsibility to fix anything they break or damage and have no pets. They have a good credit score and can provide an equally responsible home owning guarantor who has equity in the property as security. I could go on but you get the picture.

some landlords are worse than tennats, my son has moved out of a property that him and 2 friends have been living in for 3 years, landlord wants to keep bond to redecorate, (all rooms are only emulshioned not papered) and to have carpets cleaned, after 3 years you would have thought that would have bean fair wear and tear, carpets aren`t worth cleaning as they have all frayed away in the door ways as they wern`t fitted with big enough door plates, surprisingly bond was not put into a bond scheme

Nice, polite, WORKING, courteous people who don't smoke, understand they are being trusted with a very valuable asset belonging to someone else, are able to be pleasant with neighbours and realise that it is their responsibility to fix anything they break or damage and have no pets. They have a good credit score and can provide an equally responsible home owning guarantor who has equity in the property as security. I could go on but you get the picture.

I understand what you are saying,but most people looking to rent have finance problems this can be due to many things usually when they have had a property themselves and been made redundant or lost their jobs and got into finance problems,I should imagine someone who is working would be looking for a property to buy not rent,there is not many people that tick all the boxes that you have stated.

I understand what you are saying,but most people looking to rent have finance problems this can be due to many things usually when they have had a property themselves and been made redundant or lost their jobs and got into finance problems,I should imagine someone who is working would be looking for a property to buy not rent,there is not many people that tick all the boxes that you have stated.

If landlords could pick and choose, they'd go for working professionals and their like every time. But, just as tenants have to compete for the best properties, landlords have to compete for the best tenants. In general, the landlords who own the best properties in the best areas get the best tenants. Most landlords are simply not allowed to rent to DSS so no point anyone getting annoyed by it. Most landlords don't want to let to DSS so again, no point getting annoyed by it.

But thats what they're paying rent for and a bond,so to most landlords some mess is acceptable. Obviously they'd expect the tenant to use the toilet so wouldn't anticipate human urine.

I don't think i've met a pet owner who's dog,cat or house rabbit hasn't vomited,urinated or had the runs on the carpets.Yet i've never met a parent who's child has peed up the table leg.

kids throw up. They have toilet training accidents. Some have rather creative ideas wrt plumbing/walls/furniture too

So what about the people who are working, are respectable, do value that the property they're living in isnt theirs and do make good any damage caused, do get on with their neighbours, but have pet and have a few financial problems, not caused by their own doing.

There are plenty of empty houses because the landlords are too picky to rent them to people, some of them must be losing money hand over fist!

There are plenty of empty houses because the landlords are too picky to rent them to people, some of them must be losing money hand over fist!

better to lose a little money with an empty house for a couple of months than a lot of money with a bad tenant.

Archived