People using mobiles while paying for their shopping

Er Mr Arrogant , yes it has happened & Iv seen it

*sigh* >>> never happened to me whilst I have been on the phone.

How do you know those people you have 'seen' aren't exactly the same whether they're on the phone or not. Some people are just a bit ditsy.

I still think if someone is providing a service to you (whether it be a waiter, a teacher, a bank teller or a shop assistant) then you ought to have the graciousness to allow them your full attention. Just good manners.

Really? I wouldn't say I have ever given the shop assistant my full attention, until he/she speaks to me, which is usually just to let me know how much the shopping costs.

If you were with family or a friend at the check out and they spoke to you, would you stop them and tell them that you had to give the shop assistant 100% of your attention?

Really? I wouldn't say I have ever given the shop assistant my full attention, until he/she speaks to me, which is usually just to let me know how much the shopping costs.

If you were with family or a friend at the check out and they spoke to you, would you stop them and tell them that you had to give the shop assistant 100% of your attention?

Not sure of your point. We both seem to agree that at the point of interaction it is polite to give full attention.

I still think if someone is providing a service to you (whether it be a waiter, a teacher, a bank teller or a shop assistant) then you ought to have the graciousness to allow them your full attention. Just good manners.

I couldn't agree more. If someone is serving me, I don't consider it polite to be on my phone, or chatting to someone else. Its not about how easy it is to multi task, its just basic good manners. Graciousness is a lovely word, sadly gracious behaviour has been on a decline for years. :shakes:

Not sure of your point. We both seem to agree that at the point of interaction it is polite to give full attention.

I don't agree with anything that you have said.........

The only thing you need to pay attention to is the part where the cashier says "that will be £xxx please."

If I get a call when I'm packing my shopping up, I'll take it. It's not rude or bad manners.

I don't agree with anything that you have said.........

The only thing you need to pay attention to is the part where the cashier says "that will be £xxx please."

If I get a call when I'm packing my shopping up, I'll take it. It's not rude or bad manners.

Indeed. I think it's more rude to ignore someone who's calling you; they could be calling for anything.

Archived