Laws about toilet breaks at work

Hi people

My girlfriend works at McDonalds and she says yesterday she needed the lol but the manager refused her to do so. She was working 11am to 6pm and had a 45min break. Is there any laws about if you really need to loo?

Everybody needs to lol now and then

Hi people

My girlfriend works at McDonalds and she says yesterday she needed the lol but the manager refused her to do so. She was working 11am to 6pm and had a 45min break. Is there any laws about if you really need to loo?

On that shift, she would have a 45 minute break, however they wouldnt refuse her time to go to the loo.

What branch of Mcdonalds is it (just the area will do if you dont want to name the actual one)

Hi people

There are no laws:

http://www.tuc.org.uk/workplace/tuc-17668-f0.cfm

not sure many employers would refuse access - but it seems some do doc pay for going.

This is what the TUC are asking for :

There is also a need for a specific legal right to use toilets in the employer's time without a deduction in pay, and without any harassment.

The answer is they can't however at what point in the shift did she ask to go to the loo?

If she'd literally just come back from her 45 minute break then I could see why the manager was browned off and refused.

Hi people

Sounds like she's only telling you part of the story, there must be a valid reason why she was refused.

Sounds like she's only telling you part of the story, there must be a valid reason why she was refused.

Which is why I asked my question. I worked at one in my younger days and often you'd find the slackers would try to go to the toilet AFTER finishing their break.

I'm not accusing his girlfriend of being a slacker, just pointing out my previous experiences.

Archived