Elderly relative visited by breast cancer campaign

Yesterday evening an elderly relative of mine 78 yrs old living in sheff 9 brightside was visited by someone collecting for the breast cancer campaign.

She gets very confused at times they knocked on her door asking for donations and the outcome was she ended up signing a direct debit form for £8 a month..

Needless to say i will be contacting them first thing Monday.

A very good cause but this was totally out of order.:rant:

Has she got one of those signs "no cold callers, charity collectors etc on her door? Maybe a good thing for her to have perhaps.

Unless the sign comes with a free machine gun it won't stop people knocking on her door. But complain and complain hard though, that should stop your relative losing any more money. I'd ban it.

its bad enough these collectors asking anyone for bank details, i would never give mine out on the doorstep, but when they see its an elderly person they should back off, its too easy to rip off an older person. complain thats what i would do.

its bad enough these collectors asking anyone for bank details, i would never give mine out on the doorstep, but when they see its an elderly person they should back off, its too easy to rip off an older person. complain thats what i would do.

What annoys me she has memory loss there is no way she could have remembered all the details that were on the dd form she filled in or they filled in for her so they must have gone in and looked at other documents, .And there is no way they would have waited while she read through what she was signing.

I will be calling head office first thing tomorow .It just makes you worried how many other vunerable people they have been to.

Archived