Things you 'have' to get 100% right every time, or you could die!

Yes I know strange things come to my mind. I was driving to work this morning, and it occurred to me, that unless I get it right (driving) 100% right, every time I do it, I could potentially die in an accident. This of course doesn't account for someone else getting it 'wrong' and causing the same outcome!

Then I wondered what other things could be included in this list. One that immediately sprung to mind was 'crossing the road on foot'.

Incorrectly wiring a plug? (connecting the earth wire to the live terminal...Unfortunate use of the word terminal there)

Any other thoughts on this, or is it just me that has random notions?

If you wire a plug incorrectly, especially in the way you just said (earth and live reversed) then you'd be safe - the MCB or fuse in the fuse box would go immediately. Not that I recommend it as a good idea....

Things that can kill you if you get them wrong? For me it would be climbing or walking in the hills - one misstep and gravity looks at you very sharply and demands that you respect her...

If you wire a plug incorrectly, especially in the way you just said (earth and live reversed) then you'd be safe - the MCB or fuse in the fuse box would go immediately. Not that I recommend it as a good idea....

Things that can kill you if you get them wrong? For me it would be climbing or walking in the hills - one misstep and gravity looks at you very sharply and demands that you respect her...

Ah...yes you're probably right about the plug...either way, as you say. Not recommended! :)

I wasn't aware gravity had a female gender?....Is she a relative of 'mother' nature? :hihi::hihi:

Awaiting imminent arrival of Mr Bloke!

In my hobby, discharging a CRT before doing anything to it/its chassis within an arcade cabinet, or removing it therefrom.

Involves a handheld probe and the anode cap on the tube: up to 20,000 volts or more stored in there, so you do want to be getting it right ;)

Only one hand allowed in the back of the cab at any given time, the other safely tucked in your back pocket.

In my hobby, discharging a CRT before doing anything to it/its chassis within an arcade cabinet, or removing it therefrom.

Up to 20,000 volts or more stored in there, so you do want to (i) be doing it and (ii) getting it right ;)

Used to do that a long time ago with HP terminals...used to discharge them with a long screwdriver first though..

I once got an electric shock off a guitar amp when I took the back off of it. Enough to hurt. It wasn't plugged in. Same principle I presume, something in there had stored up some electricity?

I was always scared of it after that.

Archived