Things you 'have' to get 100% right every time, or you could die!

Not stepping on a crack on a pavement ,or so my mate at infant school told me.

Don't we all 'still' do that?....Although where I live, it's an entirely different reason. I don't want to fall over one of the very unevenly laid paving slabs, and fall over...and no I'm not joking!

---------- Post added 15-04-2013 at 13:00 ----------

I once nearly had a pile upon the M1 due to a smoke alarm! I was driving a truck for a well known haulage company when as I went over a bump the smoke alarm fell off the roof inside the cab and hit me on the nut,it was a Scania high top and the thing must have fell 10 foot when it hit me,I nearly passed out I had to pull up on the hard shoulder and gather my senses,I had right lump on my head.

Death by smoke alarm :shocked:

Well that indeed would be a novel way to 'check out'. :suspect:

I'm 6 foot five and whenever we go on a plane I always ask for a leg room seat I once got one next to the exit door and this young slip of a lass stewardess was struggling like mad to pull the door to,all the way on the flight I kept looking at the door and all sorts of things were going through my mind has she shut it right what would happen if the door came open,I was having a right nervous breakdown, I managed to nod off when one of them bing bing things went off on the tannoy, half asleep I jumped up out of my seat and smashed my head on the top luggage cupboard.:confused:

Disarming an explosive device.

Yep...you definitely wouldn't want to get that wrong!

The reason I thought initially about driving, is because it's an ordinary everyday thing, which most of us probably do without even thinking about it. It just happens. For instance, when I drive, I don't 'think' about what gear I should be in, at any particular time, it's just automatic. No I don't drive an automatic car! But when you step back and analyse it (driving)....you're making life or death decisions all the time, not only for your own safety, but for every other road user including pedestrians and cyclists etc.

Is this a bit 'deep'???? :huh:

As already mentioned, wiring up a plug correctly is very important ... if not it could lead to near fatal death.

Here's how the professionals do it (me) ... note the clever use of the little clip things in the plug, which I find very useful for storing spare screwdriver bits.

Also, it's totally unnecessary to screw the top of the plug back on after wiring ... simply push the plug into the socket with an insulated stick (wooden spoons are excellent for this) and stand well back. :thumbsup:

As already mentioned, wiring up a plug correctly is very important ... if not it could lead to near fatal death.

Here's how the professionals do it (me) ... note the clever use of the little clip things in the plug, which I find very useful for storing spare screwdriver bits.

Also, it's totally unnecessary to screw the top of the plug back on after wiring ... simply push the plug into the socket with an insulated stick (wooden spoons are excellent for this) and stand well back. :thumbsup:

Your pictures and diagrams never fail to make me actually in real life...'laugh out loud'....

A real contender for post of the year...it HAS to be!!!!....Brilliant!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT: Although..'technically' it's incorrectly wired. There's nothing connected to the live terminal :confused:

Another 'near death' experience can be afforded whilst attempting to open a can of lovely Fray Bentos.

As you can see (below), I eschew conventional dangerous 'tin opener' methods, in favour of cutting the pie into slices without taking it out of the tin.

A mitre saw is ideal for this and every decent kitchen should be equipped with one. :thumbsup:

Yep...you definitely wouldn't want to get that wrong!

The reason I thought initially about driving, is because it's an ordinary everyday thing, which most of us probably do without even thinking about it. It just happens. For instance, when I drive, I don't 'think' about what gear I should be in, at any particular time, it's just automatic. No I don't drive an automatic car! But when you step back and analyse it (driving)....you're making life or death decisions all the time, not only for your own safety, but for every other road user including pedestrians and cyclists etc.

Is this a bit 'deep'???? :huh:

so if you're driving the car and talking to a passenger at the side of you, who or whats actually driving the car?

bit deeper?

don't say automatic pilot:rolleyes:

Your pictures and diagrams never fail to make me actually in real life...'laugh out loud'....

A real contender for post of the year...it HAS to be!!!!....Brilliant!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

EDIT: Although..'technically' it's incorrectly wired. There's nothing connected to the live terminal :confused:

If you look very carefully Pete, you'll notice that the 'live' wire is correctly installed to the big 'spare live' pin at the top of the plug (which quite often doesn't even get used at all). This frees up space to use the fuse holder gubbins as a screwdriver bit holder ... very useful in times of emergency! :)

Archived