Ivory Bar Restaurant

bluenwhite

We went last night, first time since it re-opened. Looks nice and was far busier than the old Regents Terrace used to be. But the menu was very limited, five starters and five mains. Frankly, the food was disappointing and the service inadequate for what we paid - £120 for two courses for four people plus three bottles of plonk. The piano is in the restaurant bit and since our table was next to it, we couldn't hear ourselves think far less have a conversation. OK if you want a change from the usual West Street watering holes.

• 2 weeks later...
We went last night, first time since it re-opened. Looks nice and was far busier than the old Regents Terrace used to be. But the menu was very limited, five starters and five mains. Frankly, the food was disappointing and the service inadequate for what we paid - £120 for two courses for four people plus three bottles of plonk. The piano is in the restaurant bit and since our table was next to it, we couldn't hear ourselves think far less have a conversation. OK if you want a change from the usual West Street watering holes.

I went to Ivory and i think the opposite. The live music was fantastic. Food to die for, cocktails the best in sheffield and service and waiters on the ball. £30 per head is not a lot of money for quality food and drink offering accompanied with live music. Maybe Eviljock should stick to macd's followed by Swiminn.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I find the place relaxed, clean and confortable. The staff are friendly, and the food is mint!

Anyways, £120 for 4 starters, 4 mains and 3 bottles of vino aint bad at all ya big cheapskate!

I disagree wholeheartedly.

I find the place relaxed, clean and confortable. The staff are friendly, and the food is mint!

Anyways, £120 for 4 starters, 4 mains and 3 bottles of vino aint bad at all ya big cheapskate!

Archived