More expenses for MPs

Just to add insult to injury, did you know that MPs were allowed up to £3,000+ each expenses (that's 600+ MPs remember..) so that they could return from their holidays in the Carribean etc last Wednesday to attend the eulogy for Margaret Thatcher in the house of commons, and then return to their holiday?

Like 10 million quid for her funeral isn't enough to waste... And at the same time we are told that government outlay must be cut to the bone as we are broke....

Amazing how they can always find the extra money when they want to...

There has been no injury, and there is little insult save for the faux synthetic outrage of a few predictable folk on here. Parliament has been recalled -this is an expense beyond what was expected. If I got dragged from holiday to the office you can bet your boots that I'd claim expenses for that - I fail to see why Westminster cannot.

As for First class, it's not likely you would geta flight FC from the Caribbean at that price anyway, but if you did then you would be able to work effectively on the aircraft which is one reason that the Civil Service used to permit such travel by more senior members.

There has been no injury, and there is little insult save for the faux synthetic outrage of a few predictable folk on here. Parliament has been recalled -this is an expense beyond what was expected. If I got dragged from holiday to the office you can bet your boots that I'd claim expenses for that - I fail to see why Westminster cannot.

As for First class, it's not likely you would geta flight FC from the Caribbean at that price anyway, but if you did then you would be able to work effectively on the aircraft which is one reason that the Civil Service used to permit such travel by more senior members.

They're on holiday so why would they want to work effectively :rolleyes:

Why did it need to be recalled? we were not at war or some national disaster that NEEDED the mps. Nope, just another excuse to screw the public (not that they need one)

Without Thatcher we'd be a tin pot country with no money at all. If you think the present austerity is bad, it would have probably been worse, but lasting right from the mid-80s right to the present day. It's thanks to Thatcher we still have a reasonably well functioning competative economy. So go ahead and spend £8m, RIP.

Without Thatcher we'd be a tin pot country with no money at all. If you think the present austerity is bad, it would have probably been worse, but lasting right from the mid-80s right to the present day. It's thanks to Thatcher we still have a reasonably well functioning competative economy. So go ahead and spend £8m, RIP.

It was the discovery and harnessing of the North Sea oil and gas in the late 1970s that saved us, not the nasty witch - she merely benefited from it.

If you think this austerity is bad just wait until Osborne and Carney have asset stripped our nation and we're left to pick up the pieces.

We don't have a reasonably well functioning competitive economy just the illusion of one that in reality is on the verge of collapse.

Archived