Wedding dress cleaning?

Hi all,

I am looking for somewhere to get my wedding dress cleaned. Its been in a box in the loft for the last few years and I've always aimed at getting it cleaned. It cost me a lot of money so I'm very protective over it and want to take it somewhere I can trust. Any reccommendations? Thanks Jo xx

• 1 month later...

Don't shout at me but take a look at the label in the dress and see if there are washing machine instructions. I took mine to Johnsons and they recommended I washed it myself following the washing instructions. It came out beautifully and didn't cost me anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. It cost me over £1500 and is full of tiny beads and delicate embroidery so you can probably appreciate why I would feel a bit wary of putting it in the washing machine. I would rather pay for a good job and feel confident and still have the dress as I knew it as opposed to a failed mess. We're planning on renewing our vows for our 10 yr anniversary and would love to wear it again!!

Archived