Minimum wage has been cut again in real terms.

but you actually asked 'Who else can say their salary has almost doubled when doing the same job over the last 13-14 years?' and I gave you an answer.:huh:

An average of £4,000,000 pay rise isn't too shabby is it.:o

so you are nit picking :roll: but you are saying only the very top of business are able to say this, while the rest of us are not.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 09:20 ----------

So you're saying poor people should always have pay below the rate of inflation?

Why should people have a guaranteed above inflation rate pay rise each year?

So you're saying poor people should always have pay below the rate of inflation?

The minimum wage is just that. If an employer can afford it he has the option of paying more. However if he can't afford it he doesn't have the option of paying less, just making folk redundant.

I didn't get a pay rise for 4 years, even had a 5% cut. Did anyone give a **** then?

Same here. Back in around 2008/9 I had a few pay cuts and eventually was made redundant. I worked in the construction industry heavily involved in government projects. They all dried up at once and it decimated the workforces of many businesses associated. No one gave a toss about it then and now I'm being asked to get annoyed about a year on year pay rise for those on minimum wage and those in the public sector :roll: My salary is still £10,000 less than what it was in 2008!

When did a pay rise stop being to reward the deserving and become the right of everyone? I get the feeling the entitlement mentality is creeping in here yet again.

so you are nit picking :roll: but you are saying only the very top of business are able to say this, while the rest of us are not.

---------- Post added 16-04-2013 at 09:20 ----------

Why should people have a guaranteed above inflation rate pay rise each year?

Could you not think of a 3rd option?

Let me help you.

Inflation matching pay rise.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 07:51 ----------

Clearly I'm not saying that. If I was then I'd have actually said it. :loopy:

Archived