Explosions at the Boston Marathon 15 April 2013

Seems odd if they were as their enemy is the Russian state, not the USA.

If it's Chechen then it is most likely Islamic, that being the case anyone not Islamic is a target.

Personally I think this is now a good time to ban and shut down twitter and facebook. :hihi:

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 12:16 ----------

Different person, anyone can see that unless you are clinically blind.

They also don't look they belong or originate from the Indian sub continent. They could certainly be East/West European though...or American.

Had the Boston Police ever actually confirmed the names? The problem with putting unsubstantiated names/rumours up on the net is things like this happen.

The (incorrect) names seem to have originated from Boston police radio traffic. Not sure where the chechen name has come from other than it was the associated press that released it.

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 12:49 ----------

Some background info on the alledged and alledgedy dead perp tamerlan tsarnaev - http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/-/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/

Not clear whether the muslim convert girlfriend is the woman who has been arrested at his appartment.

The (incorrect) names seem to have originated from Boston police radio traffic.

So not confirmed then. I imagine someone called them to say "I think that looks like <name>", the police radio said "We've had someone suggest that we may be looking for a <name>" and people listening in said "The person who did it is called <name>".

That's why I don't like people repeating unconfirmed rumours - imagine the trouble that might be caused if it had been in this country and <name> had been andygardener.

So not confirmed then. I imagine someone called them to say "I think that looks like <name>", the police radio said "We've had someone suggest that we may be looking for a <name>" and people listening in said "The person who did it is called <name>".

That's why I don't like people repeating unconfirmed rumours - imagine the trouble that might be caused if it had been in this country and <name> had been andygardener.

I never suggested they were confirmed. If you want to get on your high horse about it then creating your own entirely unfounded account of how it came to be that the names ended up getting picked up by the scanners is an odd way of doing it. The names were from the police radio, they were also wrong. We now seem to have official confirmation that it's a pair of chechen brothers so lets discuss that, start your own thread if you want to play holier than thou about how you never post about anything you haven't seen with your own eyes.

I think that was Bedrock's point. The USA used September 11th as an excuse to invade Iraq despite the fact that Iraq had nothing to do with September 11th.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500249_162-520830.html

That's the reason why the USA and other countries invaded Afghanistan. The Iraq invasion was justified by the WMD argument wrong as it was. That is why Hans Blix was in Iraq right up until the invasion.

However you seem to have missed the point of my comment. Bedrock was saying that America would invade these countries becasue they are the countries where the suspects came from.

Fox news now saying the brothers came from either Chechnya or Turkey.

Great, now America will be invading them countries now and what for, turkeys :hihi:

This is why I pointed out how EVERY ONE of the 9/11 suspects came from countries the America HAS NOT invaded. Vis-à-vis, Bedrock is making a stupid, ill-educated comment.

Archived