Explosions at the Boston Marathon 15 April 2013

I am very proud of the city of Boston, and the way this tragedy was handled. I am also proud of this country. Come here with the intent to kill our citizens and expect to either die or spend the rest of your life in prison, not just in prison but in solitary confinement for your own good. For you conspirency theorists, bite on this. There is no death penalty in Massachusetts, but this young man is a citizen and could face the death penalty under federal law for treason.

Your just talking rubbish now....

Whats ideology got to do with it?.Go check out the word "motive"and then get back to me.

Did fear and violence motivate these terrorist's?or was it the point that they are trying to make?

And my original point,I was making against your earlier comments(that obviously flew over your head)...

"and it will be interesting to see which religeous and ethnic group they belong to"

Whats ethnicity got to do with it?And at this point it could have quite easily have been a disgruntled American.

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 20:08 ----------

Just looking through today's post's on this thread,and the amount of false names,groups and backgrounds on here alone is ridiculous.people should start checking their media sources,instead of trying to be the first poster to break news on here.I think one thing that has been proven through this tragedy,is that media groups are literally filling in the blanks here,and its quite worrying really,the amount of conviction these reporters use with these total lies.

where have i heard childlike comprehension and imature insults like this before on SF?

I get the feeling its not your first time round on SF is it sneaky my old son:suspect::hihi:

I"LL try and make it simple for you this time

whats idelogy got do with it?the idelogy which they believe in (which you'll probably find out is the ravings of some radical muslim cleric or chechnyan politics)is behind what 'motived" them to set off a bomb to get their point across... get it

whats ethnicity got to do with it ?

alot in this case as one of them as stated he's been here years and he as not one american friend" I don't understand them he's quoted as saying."

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 14:33 ----------

I am very proud of the city of Boston, and the way this tragedy was handled. I am also proud of this country. Come here with the intent to kill our citizens and expect to either die or spend the rest of your life in prison, not just in prison but in solitary confinement for your own good. For you conspirency theorists, bite on this. There is no death penalty in Massachusetts, but this young man is a citizen and could face the death penalty under federal law for treason.

. Although very little has been confirmed, the behavior of the Tsarnaev brothers looks less like that of hardened, trained terrorists and far more closely resembles the second-generation European Muslims who staged bombings in Madrid, London and other European cities.

Educated and brought up in Europe, these young men nevertheless felt out of place in Europe. Unable to integrate, some turned toward a half-remembered, half-mythological homeland in search of a firmer, fiercer identity.

Often they did so with the help of a radical cleric like the one the Tsarnaev brothers may have known. “I do not have a single American friend,” Tamerlan Tsarnaev reportedly said of himself. That’s the kind of statement that might have been made by a young Pakistani living in Coventry, or a young Algerian living in Paris.

btw anybody know whats been happening in N korea?:hihi:

As Chetnyans these young men had a larger case against Russia than America. They had successful sporting and academic careers. The younger may have been under the spell of his older sibling, who was clearly the most aggressive. Nothing excuses what they did. The suspension of Miranda is an effort to get all the information out of the survivor that they can. If he knows what's good for him he'll tell them what they want to know. If there are any others involved they should be shaking in their boots right now.

As a parent myself i really feel for her, one son lost already and the other about to die, and her having no power over the situation. Everything else aside, no parent deserves to be going through this.

neither do those who were injured and killed and their families

I feel no sympathy for the parents of these two men because they have consistently denied that the sons were involved. All I've heard from them via media interviews is that this was a "set up" What kind of "set up"? What's the implication behind such a statement? The only family member so far who showed any grace was their uncle who described them as a "couple of losers" called on the younger brother to "give himself up" and said that they had "brought disgrace upon the Chechen community" in the United States.

I'm sick and tired of hearing parents of thugs and murderes harping on about how their spawn "are good kids and not capable of carrying out such acts"

It happens frequently. The mother of Damien Williams who beat an innocent truck driver to within an inch of his life during the Rodney King riots standing up in court and yelling

"Mah boy Damien is a good boy. He aint capable of doin' the thing he accused of" despite the fact that Damien's actions were videotaped from a news chopper.

Maybe "set ups" and other undercover activities happen in Putin's Russia which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest but to suggest that there might be some kind of similar activity here in a case like this is just plain ignorant nonsense. No doubt this is fodder for the mill for the indivdual or two on this forum who believe that the moon landings "were a fake" and 9/11 was "an inside job"

I certainly hope that the doctors and nurses do all they can to keep this kid alive but only for the value of being able to obtain any information that may lead to links with an outside terrorist group. After that he deserves nothing more than a fair trial and if found guilty a quick and humane dispatch to hell.

No doubt there will be the cry babies who will bleat on about a person of 19 being executed as a "cruel violation of his rights" or some similar rubbish

The three people who died including an 8 year old boy and a young Chinese student who came here to study have already lost their rights

I feel no sympathy for the parents of these two men because they have consistently denied that the sons were involved. All I've heard from them via media interviews is that this was a "set up" What kind of "set up"? What's the implication behind such a statement? The only family member so far who showed any grace was their uncle who described them as a "couple of losers" called on the younger brother to "give himself up" and said that they had "brought disgrace upon the Chechen community" in the United States.

I'm sick and tired of hearing parents of thugs and murderes harping on about how their spawn "are good kids and not capable of carrying out such acts"

It happens frequently. The mother iof Damien Williams who beat an innocent truck driver to within an inch of his life during the Rodney King riots standing up in court and yelling

"Mah boy Damien is a good boy. He aint capable of doin' the thing he accused of" despite the fact that Damien's actions were videotaped from a news chopper.

Maybe "set ups" and other undercover activities happen in Putin's Russia which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest but to suggest that there might be some kind of similar activity here in a case like th is just plain ignorant nonsense. No doubt this is fodder for the mill for the indivdual or two on this forum who believe that the moon landings "were a fake" and 9/11 was "an inside job"

I certainly hope that the doctors and nurses do all they can to keep this kid alive but only for the value of being able to obtain any information that may lead to links with an outside terrorist group. After that he deserves nothing more than a fair trial and if found guilty a quick and humane dispatch to hell.

No doubt there will be the cry babies who will bleat on about a person of 19 being executed as a "cruel violation of his rights" or some similar rubbish

The three people who died including an 8 year old boy and a young Chinese student who came here to study have already lost their rights

Very strange logic. Are you a parent ?

It happens frequently. The mother iof Damien Williams who beat an innocent truck driver to within an inch of his life during the Rodney King riots standing up in court and yelling

Maybe "set ups" and other undercover activities happen in Putin's Russia which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest but to suggest that there might be some kind of similar activity here in a case like th is just plain ignorant nonsense. No doubt this is fodder for the mill for the indivdual or two on this forum who believe that the moon landings "were a fake" and 9/11 was "an inside job"

I agree with you entirely.I have not got any children so perhap's we do think differently.The yorkshire ripper's mother would not accept that he had done it.

Very strange logic. Are you a parent ?

Yes I am a parent of two fine sons one of whom has served his country in the Air Force.

If the blackest day ever came that either of them carried out such an atrocity I would have the common decency to stand up and shed a few tears for the victims and unpleasant as it would be turn my back on him.

Bringing disgrace upon a family which through generations have been law abiding and hardworking people is the ultimate evil that a son could bring down upon them. He wouldl pay the prescribed penalty and those of us who are left would live the rest of our lives in sorrow

No strange logic there

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 17:35 ----------

No one asked you for it.

Megalithic's point was..empathy as a parent, not the ignorance of a crime or the denial of empathy for the victims.

They would deserve empathy if they had the decency to make a statement about the victims instead of rattling on about the Boston police "setting them up"

Stupid is as stupid does but in this case it's more a case of just arrogance combined with ignorance

Archived