Explosions at the Boston Marathon 15 April 2013

Are you absolutely sure that there is no chance whatsoever that you might spend a period of time in shocked disbelief, unable to come to terms with the horror and the pain, whilst your rational mind is swamped by the only shred of comfort that you can muster - denial?

No, this requires a certain military mind, a coldness, a rigidity that goes beyond universal empathy, or just a very long winded loudness that comes over as all embarrassing or someone who puts honour before sensitivity, pathos.

It has to go by the numbers or nothing at all. Now get in line you orrible little man. :hihi:

You articulated it in a way i never could. Cheers.

You're welcome. I think the thing is, is that the whole series of events in Boston is tragic. The families and friend of the bombers will be in a state of shock and grief, just as all those killed and injured will be mourned and mourn themselves.

No, this requires a certain military mind, a coldness, a rigidity that goes beyond universal empathy, or just a very long winded loudness that comes over as all embarrassing or someone who puts honour before sensitivity, pathos.

It has to go by the numbers or nothing at all. Now get in line you orrible little man. :hihi:

I think you've been watching too many war movies. We're not all John Wayne. My family has a strong military background. My father and grandfather served in France during WW1, my uncle was Regimental Sergeant Major of the Yorks and Lancs. Im a retired CPO of the RN, and my brother served in the RN during WW2. You could not meet a less cold family anywhere than us. My second son was a military policeman wounded in Iraq, and has not been able to work since from his wounds. He got those wounds sheparding Iraqi children out of danger in Baghdad.

I think you've been watching too many war movies. We're not all John Wayne. My family has a strong military background. My father and grandfather served in France during WW1, my uncle was Regimental Sergeant Major of the Yorks and Lancs. Im a retired CPO of the RN, and my brother served in the RN during WW2. You could not meet a less cold family anywhere than us. My second son was a military policeman wounded in Iraq, and has not been able to work since from his wounds. He got those wounds sheparding Iraqi children out of danger in Baghdad.

That's grand, but I fail to understand the point you're trying to make. Except perhaps that as a father, you might be able to empathise with a mother who's lost a son and been told that the other one has committed terrible deeds and is seriously ill with gunshot wounds.

Why would you turn your back on your child in such circumstances? I don't think I could. Could you not both hate the crime and still love the perpetrator? I'd like to think I could.

This sounds suspiciously like the notion of family 'honour' that some Muslims claim as the justification for killing their daughters. Of course if a child of mine did something awful I'd expect them to face justice, but 'ultimate evil'?

You do come across very melodramatically sometimes.

I"ve said before and I'll say it one more time for your sake that IF the parents had shown any grief, sympathy or shame for the actions of their kids then I would have felt some sympathy for their situation But they did not express any of the above feelings. The father came across as an arrogant individual whose first reaction was to accuse the police/FBI whatever of setting the whole thing up. Not a word mentioned about the death and destruction. Not a tear shed and yet you accuse me of having no compassion and sympathy for a person like him

Obviously no blame can be attached to the parents. It's hard to keep track of what offspring who reach young adulthood get up to. My wife and I certainly knew what our kids were doing when they were moving into young adulthood but I am willing to realise that not all parents can or are able to do this or be in our situation.

On the other hand there are parents who are able to see what problems are occuring and yet choose to do nothing about it.

If the mother of the Newtown shooter had been willing to take corrective action when it was obvious that her son was troubled and had kept him well away from guns instead of irresponsibly taking a troubled person like him to a shooting range of all places then that tragedy might well have never happened

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 20:35 ----------

Are you absolutely sure that there is no chance whatsoever that you might spend a period of time in shocked disbelief, unable to come to terms with the horror and the pain, whilst your rational mind is swamped by the only shred of comfort that you can muster - denial?

Dont talk such garbage. Like every other person who saw this horrible tragedy unfold i was shocked, outraged and angered. I actually saw the second plane hit the tower live while having breakfast the morning of 9/11 by the way.

My shock was tempered with an extreme feeling of anger that any individual would put together a bomb that could shoot nails and other fragments of steel into a large crowd of bystanders.

I know what shrapnel can do to the body. I saw it close up and right in your face long ago. The cameras at the Marathon didnt show a fraction of it for obvious reasons.

So quit the sermonizing. You dont know the sadness and grief I've experienced now and in the past and are in no position to make comments about it

In the first instance there is absolutely no credible evidence that the people in these pictures are undercover agents and secondly, no evidence whatsoever that the bombing was anything other than what it appears to be.

You really need to suspend all reason to believe as you do. It's not healthy.

It's clear as day light on a nice summers day the people in the pictures ( standing next too the bomb are security personal of some sort )

1. They all are wearing matching gear

2. All have ear pieces

3. Some are seen holding large devices in Thier hands ( remote maybe ?)

4. They are with unmarked very high tech communication vehicles )

5. They are seen with the FBI talking. To a FBI. Lady .

6. You have been told by them , NOT TO Look at any other pictures .

Before my thread was deleted I posted a video which shows that every single domestic terror plot in the USA has been funded , fostered by the FBI.

http://www.infowars.com/the-fbi-fosters-funds-and-equips-american-terrorists/

Now when this information is being suppressed by the mainstream media and others who don't need mentioning , clearly there is more too the story ?

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 20:46 ----------

Any chance you could answer my question? Is there any other reasonable explanation for the things you consider suspicious in these images?

I'm all for discussion .

Please tell me :

1. Why do we have undercover agents At the event ? Standing right next too were the bomb went off ? And yes 100% they are undercover agents of some sort .

Talking of long winded I've had the experience of reading a lot of your long winded and ill informed opinions of what you perceive about the US.

By the way I do believe in honour, duty, country having served in the British Army and US Marine Corps.

Not a bad code to live by any standards. The Boston Police hold to honour and duty also.

Anyway why should I bother anymore rapping with you? I'll go talk to my wife's pet cockatoo instead :D

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 20:56 ----------

It's clear as day light and a nice summers day the people in the pictures ( standing next too the bomb are security personal of some sort )

1. They all are wearing matching gear

2. All have ear pieces

3. Some are seen holding large devices in Thier hands ( remote maybe ?)

4. They are with unmarked very high tech communication vehicles )

5. They are seen with the FBI talking. To a FBI. Lady .

6. You have been told by them , NOT TOO Look at any other pictures .

Before my thread was deleted I posted a video which shows that every single domestic terror plot in the USA has been funded , fostered by the FBI.

http://www.infowars.com/the-fbi-fosters-funds-and-equips-american-terrorists/

Now when this information is being suppressed by the mainstream media and others who don't need mentioning , clearly there is more too the story ?

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 20:46 ----------

I'm all for discussion .

Please tell me :

1. Why do we have undercover agents At the event ? Standing right next too were the bomb went off ? And yes 100% they are undercover agents of some sort .

And how would you know that they're undercover agents? Is the agent wearing a tag that says "Hey dudes I'm undercover but dont spread it around"

Archived