Explosions at the Boston Marathon 15 April 2013

I agree without question..but to put it into perspective innocent children in their thousands are being murdered by the same type of device daily yet the press seem to take no or little interest. There are some parents in other parts of the globe looking on at this and thinking, I lost all my children, not one.

Exactly but that is sponsored by a government so fine. Or the dead people are a different colour to us

The parents of Newtown are becoming heartily sick of all the media attention they are getting from their grief, politicians making hay from it. I think the parents of that poor kid in Boston are likely to want to be left alone. It's a horrible way to get to be famous for fifteen minutes. Let the press do whatever it has to to inform, then get out of the way.

The parents of Newtown are becoming heartily sick of all the media attention they are getting from their grief, politicians making hay from it. I think the parents of that poor kid in Boston are likely to want to be left alone. It's a horrible way to get to be famous for fifteen minutes. Let the press do whatever it has to to inform, then get out of the way.

You know as well as I do that isn't going to happen..I watched in pity more than anything else as the surgeon was interviewed eaten alive with consistent questions about the severity of lower limb trauma in what can only be described as extreme voyeurism..I've never seen a chap so under pressure and uncomfortable. The parents of that child will have NBC/CNN and Fox camped out on their lawn.

Next will be film rights.

You know as well as I do that isn't going to happen..I watched in pity more than anything else as the surgeon was interviewed eaten alive with consistent questions about the severity of lower limb trauma in what can only be described as extreme voyeurism..I've never seen a chap so under pressure and uncomfortable. The parents of that child will have NBC/CNN and Fox camped out on their lawn.

BBC24 weren't much better, pushing witness after witness to describe the "debris" - all the while there pictures of the bomb going off being played throughout. The cameras were pointing at the bomb - the spectators were watching the race. The limits of 24hour rolling news writ large along with the total lack of decency by the media.

BBC24 weren't much better, pushing witness after witness to describe the "debris" - all the while there pictures of the bomb going off being played throughout. The cameras were pointing at the bomb - the spectators were watching the race. The limits of 24hour rolling news writ large along with the total lack of decency by the media.

Same people different crew, all the same really.

We can only hope, but you're right. I saw little mention that his mom has serious brain injuries, and his sister lost a leg, another sibling was unhurt. His father was in the marathon, I think he had finished. Imagine how popular the press will be in Dorchester today.

Archived