No paper part of driving licence

I cannot find my paper part of driving licence, I am suppose to take this into car dealership tomorrow then pick car up Wednesday.

I have taken passport, bank statement, photo part of licence and a utility bill and been accepted by finance company, papers signed today.

How can I get another paper one quickly and why do they need this after supplying other ID?

Thanks Denise

Ring the DVLA or go into their offices off Ecclesall Rd if its still open.

But I doubt you will get another by tomorrow (today!).

If you have passport then thats proof of who you are plus bank statement/utility bills are normally required for the finance.

They are being a little over zealous if the insist on the paper part but it may be a requirement by the finance company itself and not the dealer.

Ring them up, they won't want to lose a sale over this.

The paper counterpart should only really be needed by a car hire company or the DVLA if you pick up some points. Its purpose is to disclose your driving record and whether you have picked up penalty points and shows the expiry date of the points. Why does the dealer want to see it, its nothing to do with the purchase of a car?

to avoid consequences which will be facing by the government

Nah, the last lot under Blair were a bunch of control freaks and had they been re-elected would've now gone to the trouble of installing CCTV in your own homes to PROTECT YOU FROM TERRORISTS AND PAEDOPHILES (emphasis added) but this ConDemNation coalition... the North of England go to Hell for all they care :)

Archived