Important question for the men on the forum

I have a collection of single socks in my draw which at the moment stands at 7.

The record is 12.

Where the missing go I have no idea.

Most suddenly reappear to be reunited with their other half within a week or two but a few have been in the single sock club for several months.

How many lonely socks have you got?

I have a collection of single socks in my draw which at the moment stands at 7.

The record is 12.

Where the missing go I have no idea.

Most suddenly reappear to be reunited with their other half within a week or two but a few have been in the single sock club for several months.

How many lonely socks have you got?

I don't have any odd socks. I buy the same type in many different colours and wear a different colour on each foot. It doesn't matter if a sock goes astray or gets a hole because there is always one that won't match it.

I know this was aimed at the gents but thought I'd stick my two penn'orth in anyway. Obviously, the little goblin that runs on the washing machine belt and make the drum spin eats socks. Because he (or she) is only little, he can only manage one at once.

In my house we have an odd sock bag where the left over socks are gathered in the hopes that the other half of the pair may be regurgitated. Sometimes it happens, more often the odd ones end up with bits of felt stuck on them as hand puppets. Keeps the kids quiet for 5 minutes anyway.

Archived