Important question for the men on the forum

I have to make sure the tumble dryer is emptied as soon as it's done.

My dog can open the door, he then rummages through the clothes and removes my socks to play with.

There is a definate correlation between my missing socks and the dog's increasing number of socks.

He's not too bothered if they are in pairs or not.

Here's a very old Spanish joke- really!- which I quote from http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/bella/?num=10&start=10-

(but I heard it at school some decades ago).

A Mexican visiting the United States goes into a store to buy a pair of socks. He speaks no English and the clerk doesn’t know a word of Spanish.

Through pantomime, the Mexican tries to explain what he needs, without much success.

The clerk brings out shoes, then tries sneakers, then slippers, then laces, all to no avail.

Finally, he brings out a pair of socks and the Mexican exclaims, “Eso si que es!” [=that is it]

Says the exasperated clerk, “Well, for crying out loud. If you could spell it, why didn’t you say so in the first place”?

I have to make sure the tumble dryer is emptied as soon as it's done.

My dog can open the door, he then rummages through the clothes and removes my socks to play with.

There is a definate correlation between my missing socks and the dog's increasing number of socks.

He's not too bothered if they are in pairs or not.

I once made the mistake of throwing an old balled up sock with holes in at my dog, after that he thought they were all toys and used to steal them from the laundry basket if I left the clean washing within his reach.

Archived