Please help find car crasher

I had a similar thing with a First Mainline bus hitting my parked car. Very annoying, as they took absolutely ages to repair it.

You were lucky. I had a first mainline hit my wing mirror off my car whilst I was parked and sitting in it. Had the bus reg number etc. Rang the bus company and they denied it because I hadn't chased after the bus. They reluctantly agreed to inspect the bus but then said there were so many scrapes they couldn't identify mine. Never got a penny from them and it still irks me,

my car got hit by a tram at a junction and suffered minor damage but tram driver filled in accident form straight away (plenty of witnesses mind!), never contested blame and i was sent to a repair place in chesterfield within a fortnight and car was fixed in 1 day, with courtesey car too. I was expecting hassle but there was none!

OP- hope it works out for you!

My 3 week old car was scraped by another car (on my street) no one admitted to it, I had my car repaired 4 days later while parked on crooks (out side blundells) it was scraped again and the person who did it had gone, grr.... Hope you find those responsible

• 1 month later...

I can fully sympathise with the OP.

I had the same thing happen to me in February. A lorry hit my car whilst I was at work and did £1800 worth of damage. The only reason I knew any of the details was because a very kind gentleman saw the whole thing and got the reg of the lorry etc when it drove off.

Unfortunatly even with a witness my saga is still ongoing. I have paid my £350excess and lost my no-claims until the other side admit liability and with it being a foreign lorry it is going to take ages.

I hope someone comes forward and has information for you.

Archived