Next Blades manager - now announced.

Bypassblade

Sounds like a typical McCabe appointment. Presumably he's not employed at the moment so there'll be no compensation to pay.

I understand that bit, but with the brown stuff we're in, the last thing we need is a novice. I'd like Morgs to win us P Offs turn job down, stay an all time hero and bring experience in, & let Morgs learn some more.

I understand that bit, but with the brown stuff we're in, the last thing we need is a novice. I'd like Morgs to win us P Offs turn job down, stay an all time hero and bring experience in, & let Morgs learn some more.

Where did Flitcroft come from though BPB??

Know nothing about the bloke, but my word, what a manager that bloke is, even if they'd have been relegated, how could ya say no to him, so everyone has to start somewhere, maybe Morgan,even though i don't, and have never, liked the bloke, could do an unexpected job

Where did Flitcroft come from though BPB??

Know nothing about the bloke, but my word, what a manager that bloke is, even if they'd have been relegated, how could ya say no to him, so everyone has to start somewhere, maybe Morgan,even though i don't, and have never, liked the bloke, could do an unexpected job

In all fairness Morgan got the thin end of the wedge, he had to (pardon the pun) try to make a silk purse from a sows ear. I feel sorry for him; but does he have what it takes to step up to the plate full time, or he could well ruin his reputation at the Lane.

In regards Flitcroft it also comes down to being a motivator, he did that brilliantly I would not like to say who I'd want as manager.

In all fairness to the team and the fans if KM won't divvy up then force him out, it can be done people will not carry on with what they are being served.

We now face a 3rd year in the pub league, and sell our best players as have always done, it's who we keep and get rid of that intrigues me.

I feel Long will go, Maguire, McDonald, Hill, I'm not going to speculate further but when we do lose players, and we will we have to get ones in that WANT to play for the club. I feel Porter should go, and possibly Kitson it's who we get up front, oh & Forte, plus Higginbotham could leave.

The released list will be out soon, unless they wait till manager brought in, I cannot slag Morgan off, but still don't feel he's the man for us sadly.

I just want a Manager who picks right footed players on the right wing and left footers on the left wing. I thought it was a Danny Wilson plan but Chris Morgans carried on. I'd have thought he could have switched them for spells today but just like Danny he doesn't seem to have a plan B, subs are just like for like changes.

It's hard to be critical of Chris Morgan as he's presumably had no input in to the players signed. I still think he'll get the job as I don't think many experienced Managers will want it in the state the club is in at the moment. If we are going for an inexperienced guy it may as well be Chris.

I just want a Manager who picks right footed players on the right wing and left footers on the left wing. I thought it was a Danny Wilson plan but Chris Morgans carried on. I'd have thought he could have switched them for spells today but just like Danny he doesn't seem to have a plan B, subs are just like for like changes.

It's hard to be critical of Chris Morgan as he's presumably had no input in to the players signed. I still think he'll get the job as I don't think many experienced Managers will want it in the state the club is in at the moment. If we are going for an inexperienced guy it may as well be Chris.

Morgans style of football was nothing like Wilsons.

Wilson tried to get poor players to play football.

Morgan got poor players playing poor and reverted to the old Bassett idea of lobbing the ball up front hopeing for the best.

Morgan got poor players playing poor and reverted to the old Bassett idea of lobbing the ball up front hopeing for the best.

One thing they have in common is the inability to change tactics/formations when things aren't working.

One stat from this season:

League games played : 46

League games won after conceding 1st goal : 0

Very true.

The Wilson style needs footballers and I don't think United had enough of these. The best footballer at the club this season was sold to Hull City.

The long ball style also needs the right type of players. Ones that can make telling runs and ones that can play balls into the right areas for them to exploit. Harry Bassett, Graham Taylor and Howard Wilkinson all had success with this style. I think they all acknowledged Charles Hughes.

I think United fell between two stools this season, being neither one thing nor the other. Under Wilson they were solid at the back and were scoring enough goals but he was let down badly in the January transfer window and again before the April loans deadline.

Morgan was put in charge to make changes. I think he felt he had to change the style but he might have been better served changing the personnel, something he didn't really do until it was too late. McFadzean should have been introduced sooner.

When all said and done he didn't have enough time, it was a thankless task.

Very true.

The Wilson style needs footballers and I don't think United had enough of these. The best footballer at the club this season was sold to Hull City.

The long ball style also needs the right type of players. Ones that can make telling runs and ones that can play balls into the right areas for them to exploit. Harry Bassett, Graham Taylor and Howard Wilkinson all had success with this style. I think they all acknowledged Charles Hughes.

I think United fell between two stools this season, being neither one thing nor the other. Under Wilson they were solid at the back and were scoring enough goals but he was let down badly in the January transfer window and again before the April loans deadline.

Morgan was put in charge to make changes. I think he felt he had to change the style but he might have been better served changing the personnel, something he didn't really do until it was too late. McFadzean should have been introduced sooner. When all said and done he didn't have enough time, it was a thankless task.

Agree with that Jim. I always liked Kyle McFadzean, but when he went to Crawley, I remember chatting to a lad who went to school with him, who said "wait until you see his brother, Callum, even better!"

Callum McFadzean playing alongside Blackman on a permanent basis would have been interesting, some decent pace.

Archived