Next Blades manager - now announced.

Bypassblade

I can't imagine Roy Keane accepting the working conditions at Bramall Lane. Who ever gets the job has to accept that players can be sold at any time and he has no say in it. I don't think many experienced Managers would accept it either.

Neil Warnock once said he knew he had to sell a player every year but as long as he decided who it was that was fine. I don't think the Board would give that assurance to anybody now.

I'm not optimistic that there's a Manager around who could do much with us but if I had to choose a realistic option it would probably be Karl Robinson.

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 16:30 ----------

[/size][/b]

Jimmy Sirrell proved it as well, a long time ago!!

Oh yes he did, but he was a nice bloke to meet, but teeth like tombstones :hihi: he designed the current badge United wear now also.

Yes I didn't know he'd designed the badge until I read the book Fit and Proper by Matthew Bell ( I wonder if he'll do another chapter on todays situation!!! ) Amazing how as soon as he went back to Notts he got them back up though. To be fair to him he didn't get the backing of the board, I heard at the time he had lined up Alan Hanson from Partick Thistle and Ian Wallace from another club in Scotland ( sorry can't remember who. Dumbarton?? ) but lost out to Liverpool and Coventry eventually.

I am not sure about Robinson, he has had so many good chances and such a decent budget, that MK Dons really should have gone up by now.

You lot need a miracle worker in fairness, if you think this season has been bad, then no idea how you are going to deal with next season, you have no chance of automatic promotion, whilst KM is in charge.

Yes I didn't know he'd designed the badge until I read the book Fit and Proper by Matthew Bell ( I wonder if he'll do another chapter on todays situation!!! ) Amazing how as soon as he went back to Notts he got them back up though. To be fair to him he didn't get the backing of the board, I heard at the time he had lined up Alan Hanson from Partick Thistle and Ian Wallace from another club in Scotland ( sorry can't remember who. Dumbarton?? ) but lost out to Liverpool and Coventry eventually.

Funnily enough I also knew of the Hansen rumour, another one was I don't remember the manager but Ray Houghton was on verge of coming a while, before he got his big move to Liverpool.

I am not sure about Robinson, he has had so many good chances and such a decent budget, that MK Dons really should have gone up by now.

You lot need a miracle worker in fairness, if you think this season has been bad, then no idea how you are going to deal with next season, you have no chance of automatic promotion, whilst KM is in charge.

I don't usually agree with your posts but unfortunately you are spot on with this one:|

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 17:31 ----------

Funnily enough I also knew of the Hansen rumour, another one was I don't remember the manager but Ray Houghton was on verge of coming a while, before he got his big move to Liverpool.

I think it was when Porterfield was Manager. We signed Ray Lewington and were supposedly after Houghton as well. Lewington wasn't bad but Houghton would have been better. The story of our club really!

There are lots of if's and buts in football, like if the Madine foul at Barnsley was spotted, they'd have got a draw but the Owls luck changed that night. If the Leeds handball had been seen then the Owls could possibly have won, as you say it's football, that's why we love it.

We've had a lot of speculation over the manager but, who do the fans want in come on lets vote lets not spoil it with silly guesses. If I was to stick out my neck out I'd say take a shot on Owen Coyle, you have to speculate to accumulate, or Southgate, lets face it Roy Keane could be tempted no matter what people say, doesn't mean I want him but don't so no.

Whoever comes in has to realise he has a fresh canvass, get rid of the dead wood close season & rebuild. I mean Southgate & Keane would have much stronger contacts than say Morgan, or Wilder.

Also Karl Robinson is arrogant but changing clubs could be the kick-start he needs, some people can only work at one club Eddie Howe has proved that.

Rob Staton just tweeted, Karl Robinson meeting his agent tomorrow regarding Blades job, but compo a major obstacle.

[/b]

Oh yes he did, but he was a nice bloke to meet, but teeth like tombstones :hihi: he designed the current badge United wear now also.

Met Jimmy a few times and as you say he was a great bloke and his daughter was a stunner ;)

As a manager think we had our worst season ever under him mate , won 6 matches all season didn't we :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Rob Staton just tweeted, Karl Robinson meeting his agent tomorrow regarding Blades job, but compo a major obstacle.

It was on the Radio this morning, but it did not say it was a major obstacle, just that that was a factor still to be decided.

What it means, I think, is that Robinson wants the job, and now it gets down to the nitty gritty.

Archived