Next Blades manager - now announced.

Bypassblade

I don't think anyone would disagree that he, in conjunction with Neil Warnock, did a great job from 2000 to 2007. That doesn't however matter now as since then without Warnock he's been a complete disaster. His decisions on Managers and the timing of sacking them have been incomprehensible. I agree Derek Dooley may have helped him also previously.

I'd agree with that. Some of the decisions on staff and players have been ridiculous. Especially considering some of the wages that have been offered too.

But people are way to quick to dismiss all the good he has done for the club, to have a go at the last few years failings.

As I say though, we can't accuse him of not allowing the managers money to spend. Perhaps he has been guilty of allowing money to be spent on poor acquisitions.

Strange wording on the SKYBET odds. The odds for clubs without a Manager for every team other than Sheffield United are for "Next Permanent Manager"

In our case it's "To be Manager on the first day of 2013/14 season"

This looks to me as though they think, or have information, that there won't be a permanent appointment before then. Maybe there is more going on at the club than we know??

No there's new odds coming out tomorrow, odds for manager on 2nd day of 2013-14 season :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 12:17 ----------

It would never happen but if Megson came that would be my season ticket going back until he left.

And there would be lots of others returned Dot, but read Warnocks book he openly says that when he got the job there was only one other bloke interviewed Megson.

If he got the job the crowds would go to below 10k in the blink of an eye, I know KM is daft but I hope even he's not that daft. The situation now is getting ridiculous as we show no get up and go, it just amazes me that we average 18k get nowhere, Yeovil average 4k and go up.:loopy::loopy:

No there's new odds coming out tomorrow, odds for manager on 2nd day of 2013-14 season :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 12:17 ----------

And there would be lots of others returned Dot, but read Warnocks book he openly says that when he got the job there was only one other bloke interviewed Megson.

If he got the job the crowds would go to below 10k in the blink of an eye, I know KM is daft but I hope even he's not that daft. The situation now is getting ridiculous as we show no get up and go, it just amazes me that we average 18k get nowhere, Yeovil average 4k and go up.:loopy::loopy:

Megson is a better football manager than any of the candidates who have so far been mentioned as interested in the job.

As is Danny Wilson.

---------- Post added 29-05-2013 at 13:09 ----------

Is Keith Edwards such a daft idea?

I always think he talks a lot of sense when I hear him on RS!

Well its a standing joke in our pub that goes some thing along the lines of" what would Edwards have done with that then".

This is due to the fact that he is always telling radio Sheffield how he would have beat six players then waved to the crowd before back healing the ball into the net.

Did he ever play in top grade football?

Well its a standing joke in our pub that goes some thing along the lines of" what would Edwards have done with that then".

This is due to the fact that he is always telling radio Sheffield how he would have beat six players then waved to the crowd before back healing the ball into the net.

Did he ever play in top grade football?

He had a stint at dirty L**ds

I got told at the weekend to watch out for Robert Page a friend of a friend is close to him and said that he is in talks and been seen round the ground, so went on oddschecker he was 25/1 now today he is 3/1? :huh::loopy::suspect:

I just think MCcabe is trying his best not to pay compo

He had a stint at dirty L**ds

Well you all seem to have a standing joke about Keith, yes he did play at the top level, made his debut in 1st Division 76 V QPR. He played 291 games for United, scoring 171 goals hardly shabby, he also played for Aberdeen in the Scottish 1st division.

If you saw Edwards you'd know that at his level he had no equal, just sadly he never went to a big club, if you never saw him play how can you comment on his football abilities and criticise him.

And no he would not be the ideal man for manager of United, he's been out of game 23 years as it is, he'll be okay on radio Sheffield.

Still THE finest finisher I've ever seen at BDTBL for a centre forward, he had a natural knack for scoring, and trust me he scored some beauties and he didn't take pens and took majority of all corners.

Well you all seem to have a standing joke about Keith, yes he did play at the top level, made his debut in 1st Division 76 V QPR. He played 291 games for United, scoring 171 goals hardly shabby, he also played for Aberdeen in the Scottish 1st division.

If you saw Edwards you'd know that at his level he had no equal, just sadly he never went to a big club, if you never saw him play how can you comment on his football abilities and criticise him.

And no he would not be the ideal man for manager of United, he's been out of game 23 years as it is, he'll be okay on radio Sheffield.

Still THE finest finisher I've ever seen at BDTBL for a centre forward, he had a natural knack for scoring, and trust me he scored some beauties and he didn't take pens and took majority of all corners.

Edwards never scored a goal in the top flight.

Archived