Next Blades manager - now announced.

Bypassblade

surley you cant be serious about AC if he was in the top 10 as you say he would have been straight back into a job years ago... he got ultra comfortable at charlton and dont get me wrong he did well took them as far as they could ever go... done nothing ever since them days and football has moved on since his charlton days.. successful managers need to move with the times ferguson is a prime example of this how is style (on the pitch and with the type of players he signs/sells)constantly changes over the years to keep up with the times

Made Charlton a comfortable mid table Prem side on zero budget and was set to do the same at West Ham. By defination he's a top 10 manager because that's whereabouts he always finished. Don't get this about his methods being out of date. His teams have always played football. Think he's a victim of the West Ham biased press after he fell out with West Ham.

Something needs to be done.

Sheffield needs a premiership club.

Its good for the city & for the economy of the city. It encourages investment.

The city is starting be left be behind to smaller cities & towns and i think the lack of decent football is definitely a major contributing factor in that.

Made Charlton a comfortable mid table Prem side on zero budget and was set to do the same at West Ham. By defination he's a top 10 manager because that's whereabouts he always finished. Don't get this about his methods being out of date. His teams have always played football. Think he's a victim of the West Ham biased press after he fell out with West Ham.

i respect your opinion mate but compleatly disagree :) there would be lots of ways to look at it... there are hundreds of managers who have only had sucsess with 1 club and nothing more... eddie howe and keith hill jump straight out as managers who cant hack the jump so go back to where there feeling safe

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 23:16 ----------

:hihi::hihi:nice 1 cb.

button pushers..:hihi::hihi::hihi:

i perfer holiday makers :hihi:

Hey up HM, perhaps the players did respect DW, but he proved last season when it gets too hot in the kitchen he crumbles. He's gone now as with GM & DW its all hindsight now, like you say Morgs is the new broom.

We've got to play for 9 points and get them, but if we do it's to little too late IMO. United have always had this panache for being ambitionless, we get to the wedding but never catch the bouquet.

We're in P Offs and looking likely to finish 4th or 5th just don't want 3rd, it's very rare the 3rd club goes up and in our case never.

You lot have been to 1 P Off final & won it, fair play, could you imagine the joy and jubilation if we could do it. I mean last season Huddersfield missed their 1st 3 pens, and still bloody won, THAT sums United up.

I'd love to see us win a final as I said yesterday I might, say might persuade her that must be obeyed to let me go. I'd admit it whether at home on TV or live at the game, if we went up I'd shed buckets.

Come on Morgs just get us up, myself and thousands of Blades would love it, then you lot stop up it will be great in that league again.

I hope you do it, BP.

It's a funny thing about Danny....people forget he's been not just been at Owls or Blades. He seems to do better when there's no burden of expectation - e.g., Barnsley.

If you read Paolo DC's (late of this parish) autobiography about life at SWFC in the Premier League, he is scathing about DW. But that was when the dressing room was full of crocks and chancers on megabuck salaries.

Isn't it all about the club convincing someone that the potential's there? Good managers don't become bad ones, but they are at the mercy of market forces and capricious owners (not to mention nutcase chicken farmers).

We forget that Dave Jones did some of his best early work at Stockport County - then in the Championship; tomorrow, likely to fall into Conference North......Many changes of manager there since, including your own Jim Gannon - but all cancelled out by what's happened off the pitch.

I hope you do it, BP.

It's a funny thing about Danny....people forget he's been not just been at Owls or Blades. He seems to do better when there's no burden of expectation - e.g., Barnsley.

If you read Paolo DC's (late of this parish) autobiography about life at SWFC in the Premier League, he is scathing about DW. But that was when the dressing room was full of crocks and chancers on megabuck salaries.

Isn't it all about the club convincing someone that the potential's there? Good managers don't become bad ones, but they are at the mercy of market forces and capricious owners (not to mention nutcase chicken farmers).

We forget that Dave Jones did some of his best early work at Stockport County - then in the Championship; tomorrow, likely to fall into Conference North......Many changes of manager there since, including your own Jim Gannon - but all cancelled out by what's happened off the pitch.

Oh so very true boldforester I said same on another thread yesterday, some managers click at one club but bomb at others. I think DJ would have been great at Southampton, but for the false allegations leveled at the poor bloke.

Some have the Midas touch that follows them from club to club, Fergie and Brian Clough for 2, it was the players at Leeds that got him the sack.

I think it's nailed on that they will give it to Morgan - regardless of what happens.

McCabe likes the cheap option and Morgan is so popular that he'll probably get a good 2 or 3 seasons out of him before the fans eventually get fed up and start screaming for his head because we aren't top of the Championship/whatever league we are in.

I think it's nailed on that they will give it to Morgan - regardless of what happens.

McCabe likes the cheap option and Morgan is so popular that he'll probably get a good 2 or 3 seasons out of him before the fans eventually get fed up and start screaming for his head because we aren't top of the Championship/whatever league we are in.

I think thats exactly what will happen,it would be a massive gamble though.Edit i meant huge gamble[massive is our word]

You can get a tasty 5/2 with Sky Bet.

Someone must have put a chunky sum on Wally Downes to back him down to 5/4 though.

Archived