Is it time to ban the internet?

Well, if you're so sure, why don't you let her come out to the Chateau for a weekend where I will regale her with my fine wines, music and dance. Like taking candy from a baby, that's how it would go down.

Ha! Like a sack of spuds, that's how you would go down!

Never thought much of French wine anyway. We always go for a good Spanish Shiraz.

Never thought much of French wine anyway. We always go for a good Spanish Shiraz.

I don't even know what to say to that. This conversation is over!

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 14:37 ----------

I don't think we need to ban the internet. The internet has brought the world closer, made it a smaller place, but sadly, some choose to use it to attack others rather than to educate and learn tolerance of other races and cultures. I have been attacked as a newcomer on this very forum, which I can deal with but sadly, the forum has lost out as my good Swiss friend Lars Blickensderfer has been totally put off of joining due to my ill treatment which is a shame as he could have brought a lot to the forum. Maybe Lars and I will have to find another online home for our Northern English studies.

Technology is always a double edged sword. It can be used for liberatory and oppressive purposes.

The good thing about the internet (at the moment) is that it still has a decentralised structure of control and ownership. Of course, there are people who want to change that, but we won't make the same mistake in handing too much power to too few people as we did in the "real world"... will we?

Archived