Anyone Into Muaythai?

BarbieGyal

Im looking for somone who is interested in sharing private lessons with me at Wicker camp, any week day would be fine b4 2pm, on a regular basis like one lesson a week, anyone interested? I dont get time to go to the evening sessions no-more. Write back on this board or leave a email address and ill get back to you. x

• 1 month later...

barbie id love to share a private lesson, but im too skint at the mo and im in the monday 8-9.30 class so im very very begginer but i love going even tho i work full time and have pt job too...

im never going to give it up and i cant wait till i can grade

will be a fair way off tho now!

• 7 months later...

Muay thai sounds excellent.

Love the sound of those knee and elbow techniques.

Does anyone know of a muay thai gym near hillsborough?

(Bear with me because I have just moved to Sheffield and do not know where the Wicker or Hyde Park is in relation to Hillsborough)

I just started at Wicker Camp about 6 weeks ago. Top stuff. Ive been doin karate for about 3 years but my mate who trains at WC kept nagging me to come down.

Finally did and its well worth it. Bit strange for me having gloves on but I'm sure I'll get used to it...

If anyone's heres in the Monday 8-9.30 class I'm the one who keeps getting told off by Sam for doing karate punches when I should be jabbing. (Can't go the wedsnesday one cos thats when I do the karate).

Jogenn- it aint too far from 'boro. If you've got a car you can do it in 15. Have a butchers on their site I'm sure they'll have directions on it- can't think what site's called offhand but Im sure someone else will know.

Originally posted by jogenn

Muay thai sounds excellent.

Love the sound of those knee and elbow techniques.

Does anyone know of a muay thai gym near hillsborough?

(Bear with me because I have just moved to Sheffield and do not know where the Wicker or Hyde Park is in relation to Hillsborough)

catch a tram.

I forget if its yellow or blue

pretty sure its blue

• 1 year later...

Hey lads and lasses, i'm wanting to know where and when there are Muay Thai lessons in the city and roughly how much these will set me back. I'm relocating from County Durham in a few weeks due to work and will be looking for a place to train midweek to keep my fitness up (i'm a King Cobra and am i student of Ex European champ; Master Sean Dooney).

Any advice would be MASSIVELY appreciated!

Shoojiki - Beginners classes are on Monday & Wednesday at 20:00 until 21:30 and also on Friday at 18:00 until 19:30. First lesson is free, after that it's £4 if your working or £3.50 if your un-employed or a student (or it was the last time I taught an adult class so bear with me if I'm worng, if I am it's only be 50p). There are also various monthly tuition fees you can go for which will save your some money but your probably best waiting to see how you get on with it first, although I've never known anyone not like it (and I've been there nearly 11 years).

Lead_Legs - sure you'd be welcome at Wicker camp, if you were interested (and going on the assumption that you've got a fairly good grounding in Muay Thai already) you could arrange a private assessment with the Chief Instructor and he could assess your skill and knowledge and place you in the most suitable class (therefore skipping the beginners classes - if that was what you wanted that is).

W

Archived