Secret Service intercepts suspicious substance addressed to Obama

After 9/11 there were letters containing anthrax sent to various politicians. A pattern seems to exist that when something like 9/11 and lately the Boston terror bombing occurs it brings the loonies out of the woodwork.

FYI a man has been stopped and searched by Capitol police. He appeared to be "disturbed" and there were sealed envelopes found in his backpack

The BBC have reported the FBI have said the package addressed to President Obama has tested positive for ricin.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:35 ----------

After 9/11 there were letters containing anthrax sent to various politicians. A pattern seems to exist that when something like 9/11 and lately the Boston terror bombing occurs it brings the loonies out of the woodwork.

FYI a man has been stopped and searched by Capitol police. He appeared to be "disturbed" and there were sealed envelopes found in his backpack

Apparently both letters were mailed on the 8th of April so unless they are directly linked (ie same perp) it won't be piggybacking on the terrorist attack in Boston.

What gets me about people who carry out this type of attack, is not only how cowardly it is, but how much of a moron do you need to be to think that the President of The United States opens his own mail?

All mail addressed to the President at the W.H goes directly to an offsight receiving location run by the secret service who check out each letter

Maybe they don't like the secret service ;)

I dont think the secret service go as far as actually opening the mail. They scan it by using their special equipment which can identify any contents inside.

Riciin is incredibly deadly. As much as a drop the size of pin head can kill a person very quickly

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:47 ----------

Just now. Suspect arrested. Video surveillance which led to arrest identified a quote "dark skinned man" placing object in trash bin. This of course doesn't indicate foreign or domestic involvement

Just now. Suspect arrested. Video surveillance which led to arrest identified a quote "dark skinned man" placing object in trash bin. This of course doesn't indicate foreign or domestic involvement

It'll be that Obama, sending himself hatemail.

What gets me about people who carry out this type of attack, is not only how cowardly it is, but how much of a moron do you need to be to think that the President of The United States opens his own mail?

I'm sure they're aware the president doesn't open his own mail.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Arizona was recently mailed a package that contained a bomb.

I dont think the secret service go as far as actually opening the mail. They scan it by using their special equipment which can identify any contents inside.

Riciin is incredibly deadly. As much as a drop the size of pin head can kill a person very quickly

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:47 ----------

The people must have balls like grapefruits to handle the stuff, but why send it to people in the post. I know why, I just mean how can people be so callous.

Archived