Secret Service intercepts suspicious substance addressed to Obama

The people must have balls like grapefruits to handle the stuff, but why send it to people in the post. I know why, I just mean how can people be so callous.

I agree. What about the postal workers and others who have to handle it before it gets to it's intended subject? If it ever does?

I dont think the secret service go as far as actually opening the mail. They scan it by using their special equipment which can identify any contents inside.

Riciin is incredibly deadly. As much as a drop the size of pin head can kill a person very quickly

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 17:47 ----------

Just now. Suspect arrested. Video surveillance which led to arrest identified a quote "dark skinned man" placing object in trash bin. This of course doesn't indicate foreign or domestic involvement

North koreons are dark skinned.

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 20:10 ----------

It'll be that Obama, sending himself hatemail.

Probably and blame N.Korea, so he can start another pointless war.

Not good. A letter to Mississippi Senator Wicker has also tested positive for ricin.

No it hasn't.

Quote: "has tested positive for the lethal toxin ricin or another poisonous substance"

The same also goes for the letter sent to Obama and the results from tests will take another 24-48 hours, so at the moment it is all speculation. I remember the fake ricin terror plot in the UK that was used by Bush to help justify the Iraq invasion. Even though Blair was present and knew it was not true he allowed the propaganda to be used.

Lets wait for the results and then judge.

Unless its ingested or injected in some way (Georgi Markov) opening a letter will not do much harm.

No it hasn't.

Quote: "has tested positive for the lethal toxin ricin or another poisonous substance"

The same also goes for the letter sent to Obama and the results from tests will take another 24-48 hours, so at the moment it is all speculation. I remember the fake ricin terror plot in the UK that was used by Bush to help justify the Iraq invasion. Even though Blair was present and knew it was not true he allowed the propaganda to be used.

Lets wait for the results and then judge.

Unless its ingested or injected in some way (Georgi Markov) opening a letter will not do much harm.

Unless Obama is planning to invade Memphis i'd not fret too much. Ricin, some other posion...either way it's not good.

Unless Obama is planning to invade Memphis i'd not fret too much. Ricin, some other posion...either way it's not good.

Depend on whether its a real threat or another made up story to capture the media's attention.

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 01:42 ----------

Good catch by the secret service.

And as the secret service relies on secret information that could be bogus how would the public know?

Depend on whether its a real threat or another made up story to capture the media's attention.

And as the secret service relies on secret information that could be bogus how would the public know?

Given the very real terrorist attack that occured in Boston I suspect the lizards/iluminti/prince philip would run with that rather than invent another problem,

How would the public know what? Whether the threat is real or not? In the absence of evidence to the contrary I am happy to take it at face value.

Archived