The Fall of Tesco

Well, looks like they are pulling all their concerns in America and concentrating on domestic matters at home.

They are re-formatting their stores and exploring other avenues of business.

The horse meat scandal has obviously hit hard and their profits have taken a massive fall.

So, I ask do you shop at Tesco and what are your thoughts on the matter?

Tesco operate their US stores under the name Fresh N' Easy. One of their stores opened near us a few years back. I was expecting some new and interesting merchandise on the shelves, imports from Europe or the UK perhaps but it turned out that it was pretty much the same fare as any other supermarket stocks but in less quantity and less variety in brand names.

Since they were competing with three very large supermarkets within a radius of a mile in addition to a Super Walmart, A Costco and a Sam's Club I knew they were doomed right from the start

As long as they keep serving the growing markets here in UK, they'll hang on.

World Foods plays a huge part in some big stores which needs to bring in the consumers who would normally go shop elsewhere for certain products.

Well, looks like they are pulling all their concerns in America and concentrating on domestic matters at home.

They are re-formatting their stores and exploring other avenues of business.

The horse meat scandal has obviously hit hard and their profits have taken a massive fall.

So, I ask do you shop at Tesco and what are your thoughts on the matter?

Just bought two Denby pasta bowls from Tesco direct :D

Tesco might have come a cropper in America, but they are doing brilliantly in Asia, particularly Thailand but also not bad in China and starting up in Cambodia. Their Thai Tesco Lotus stores have become just as much a household name there as they are here. They've been going for almost 15 years, having started up when almost nobody was doing it, and are now firmly established. In fact they have a bigger share of the market there than anybody else. Big C and Carrefour are there competitors there, not Sainsbury's and Morrisons, etc, like they are here.

Archived