The Fall of Tesco

Wow, a 51% drop in profits :wow:

Who'd have thought my one-person boycott of the accursed brand would've such a devastating effect on their profits :hihi::clap::headbang::banana:

No i dont shop at tesco. Always found them more expensive than asda.

Agreed 100%

Tesco are shockingly expensive. I suspect that shoppers simply don't bother to compare prices between supermarkets any more.

Asda are far cheaper than Tesco. Hell, even my local corner shop is cheaper than Tesco and it sells the brands I like!

The only problem is Asda superstores are few and far between (Handsworth, Ecclesfield and Parson Cross), whilst Tesco are bloody everywhere :roll:

I think its their shops. They have stuck to the same design plan for too long. They need to refresh them. Do things like Morrisons do with the damp air jets over the veg etc.

although I dont think that £1.96bn in profit is all that bad. They could well be investing lots and this would not show up in these figures.

I think its their shops. They have stuck to the same design plan for too long. They need to refresh them. Do things like Morrisons do with the damp air jets over the veg etc.

So nothing at all to do with selling us horse meat labelled as beef, then blaming us for buying it?

Its a disaster for TESCO's they only screwed people for 2 billion, and managed to afford to lose anothe 2 billion, hence their bargain prices, a bargain for them of course.

Do not forget they buy land, build stores, run their business and refurbish existing stores, pay top management wages, and after milking people for all such costs and other creative accounting schemes, still make a profit of JUST 2 billion.

THey must be crying all the way to their own bank!

So nothing at all to do with selling us horse meat labelled as beef, then blaming us for buying it?

I doubt it as this is year on year profits and the horse meat scandal has only been ongoing for the last 2-3 at most.

I also have no recollection of ANY retailer blaming the customer for this, do you have any links to this information?

I also have no recollection of ANY retailer blaming the customer for this, do you have any links to this information?

It was all implicitly done...

You see, it was not Tesco's fault for allowing huge failures in their supply chain.

Oh no!

It was all our fault for wanting cheaper products.

It was all implicitly done...

You see, it was not Tesco's fault for allowing huge failures in their supply chain.

Oh no!

It was all our fault for wanting cheaper products.

Is there proof that any supermarket actually knew that there was horsemeat in the products?

Is there proof that any supermarket actually knew that there was horsemeat in the products?

I've seen no evidence that they knew it was happening; it's just that they never bothered to check and or test the quality and provenance of the products we throw in our shopping trollies.

Archived