Blue Bell Pub at S12

Hello, the Blue Bell Pub on Main Street at Hackenthorpe has been boarded up for months and was initially earmarked for an Indian restaurant but has recently been linked to be a Premier convenience store.

If so then when will work begin and the new store be open?

Also, I have noticed the Hogshead Pub at bottom of Birley Spa Lane closing a lot earlier than usual and wondering if that will be shutting up shop, I really hope it does as it has been a den of inequity for decades and the whole land around it needs redeveloping!

Turning that into a convenience store would be the best move the council have done in years, we need one at the bottom.

wouldnt call the hogs a den of iniquity some nice people go in there.it is up to the landlord to get shut of trouble makers,it shuts early because of lack of custom because beer is nearly £3 a pint.bus outside to birley hotel £2 a pint

The blue bell was closed due to numerous complaints, a lot of from an old bloke directly across the road.

For example, he would ring the police about the noise the dj was making...police would turn up to find the dj had only just unloaded and hadnt even setup...

Boarded up pubs it breaks my heart ,its not that i am a soak but British pubs are an institution and you don't know what a fantastic social melting pot they are until you don't have any to go in i.e over here . Blue bell ,had some good times in there ...:bigsmile:

Hello, the Blue Bell Pub on Main Street at Hackenthorpe has been boarded up for months and was initially earmarked for an Indian restaurant but has recently been linked to be a Premier convenience store.

If so then when will work begin and the new store be open?

Also, I have noticed the Hogshead Pub at bottom of Birley Spa Lane closing a lot earlier than usual and wondering if that will be shutting up shop, I really hope it does as it has been a den of inequity for decades and the whole land around it needs redeveloping!

Turning that into a convenience store would be the best move the council have done in years, we need one at the bottom.

Yes Premier and their associates are buying a fair few derelict public houses .

Archived