Cyclists - red lights apply to you too..

yes, red lights mean stop - even you, cyclists.

random rant over.

If I wanted to wait at a red light, I'll drive my car.

Until then, me and my bike will continue to cycle through red lights provided that it is safe to do so.

And yes, I do pays me road tax :roll:

Until then, me and my bike will continue to cycle through red lights provided that it is safe to do so.

and if I see you do it near me, ill kick you off your bike to teach you a lesson

just because you pay your road tax, that doesn't mean you are exempted from following the rules like the rest of us!

I cycle to work every day and stop at every red. I see a lot of cyclists stopping too. The sooner the minority of cyclists that jump reds realise that it gives us all a bad name and opens us up to these sort of (frankly indefensible) internet rants, the better.

Just think, what will the anti-cyclist lobby be able to moan about then? The tax and insurance debate is a none starter for them, stop giving them the red light jumping fuel for the fire. The RLJ is the only thing we cannot defend.

and if I see you do it near me, ill kick you off your bike to teach you a lesson

And how would you do that when you're stuck at the traffic lights?

just because you pay your road tax, that doesn't mean you are exempted from following the rules like the rest of us!

I always follow the highway code...

...when I'm driving my car :hihi:

Is there a safe time? Most drivers are already edging forward as your light is changing to red so it seems a bit of a risky occupation.

For the record (again) I don't mind what cyclists do, they don't bug me at all.

Is there a safe time? Most drivers are already edging forward as your light is changing to red so it seems a bit of a risky occupation.

For the record (again) I don't mind what cyclists do, they don't bug me at all.

This problem only happens when I approach the city centre, and I'm sharing a bus lane with something the size, weight and maneuverability of a brontosaurus.

I can either (1) get behind the bus, inhale all its smoky emissions and miss the lights or (2) jump the red light, get in front of the bus and make a mad dash for freedom or (3) cycle on the pavements to avoid the lights.

There's no ideal answer!

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 09:54 ----------

what's to say I'm not a pedestrian stood waiting at the lights to cross?

That would never happen.

If I saw a pedestrian was crossing, I'd never jump the lights (polishes halo)

Archived