Cyclists - red lights apply to you too..

This problem only happens when I approach the city centre, and I'm sharing a bus lane with something the size, weight and maneuverability of a brontosaurus.

I can either (1) get behind the bus, inhale all its smoky emissions and miss the lights or (2) jump the red light, get in front of the bus and make a mad dash for freedom or (3) cycle on the pavements to avoid the lights.

There's no ideal answer!

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 09:54 ----------

That would never happen.

If I saw a pedestrian was crossing, I'd never jump the lights (polishes halo)

you know as well as I do that crossing lights are not perfectly synced so that when one is red the other is green. Your side can be red and the pedestrian side can still be red for a little while. Its these gaps douche-bags like you like to use to slip through against the laws of the road there to protect people. So from now, instead of just grumbling, ill stick my foot out and watch with glee as you either swerve and fall off, or at least soil your pants. Maybe then you will learn.

you know as well as I do that crossing lights are not perfectly synced so that when one is red the other is green. Your side can be red and the pedestrian side can still be red for a little while. Its these gaps douche-bags like you like to use to slip through against the laws of the road there to protect people. So from now, instead of just grumbling, ill stick my foot out and watch with glee as you either swerve and fall off, or at least soil your pants. Maybe then you will learn.

And like I said earlier, I'll never harm a pedestrian because I won't jump a red-light when I see one.

So your argument has no merit whatsoever. In fact, your pathetic threat and insult speak volumes about your present mental state.

I really don't think you should be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle

And like I said earlier, I'll never harm a pedestrian because I won't jump a red-light when I see one.

So your argument has no merit whatsoever. In fact, your pathetic threat and insult speak volumes about your present mental state.

and if you miss one? that's why there are rules and to be honest I don't care how you try to justify it, you're wrong and you know it.

yes, red lights mean stop - even you, cyclists.

random rant over.

I trust you will be rushing to the keyboard later to bemoan all the drivers you see who jump red lights today? Or the mobile phone/texting ones? Not to mention the hundreds of speeders? Or is this just a whinge about cyclists?

For clarity I don't jump red lights on my bike or in my car. Yep, alien though the thought may be, most cyclists are drivers too...

I don't :blush:

The number of times I've been stopped for going through red lights...

so, were you the prat that nearly sent me flying the other day near hallam? why do you view yourself exempt from the rules of the road?

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 11:29 ----------

so, in your opinion, the only people who have a poor view of cyclists are motorists?

Archived