Cyclists - red lights apply to you too..

i think the percentage of cyclist riding on the pavements is higher tho

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 13:26 ----------

Another cyclist thread? Gosh, it's been years since I last saw one of these. Guess people need something to rant about now Thatcher is yesterday's news.

she jumped a few red lights as well in yesterdays expensive party

Some lights are pressure triggered, and cyclists aren't heavy enough to trigger them. You can usually tell which ones they are by the tar lines at the stop line. It'd be helpful if they had signs on them though, letting all road users approaching from all directions that cyclists are exempt

I hope the police get you. Red-light-runners are an embarrassment to the majority of us who cycle properly.

Please see post #20, I've explained it all there :roll:

PS: lycra shorts, now they're an embarrassment to all cyclists, courteous or not :hihi:

the reason why cyclists are so glib about red light jumping is that its very hard for them to get caught?? no reg plate so cant be caught on camera, nothing to link the cyclist or rider to any red light infringement or any other road traffic offence in fact, riding on pavements etc, in fact the only time they are likely to be caught is if a copper is in the near vicinity and can be bothered! probably with a finger wagging and a warning!:loopy: all cyclist are doing is putting a great big 2 fingers up to all of us that pay to use the roads:roll:

we motorist get fined if caught, i hold my hand up and rightly i was caught by camera going through a red light, fine and points lesson learnt! one day the law will change and you lycra warriors will have to abide by laws like the rest of us:D

Archived