Cyclists - red lights apply to you too..

i very much do pay road tax. bikeist ride for free and damage vehicles and cause all the accidents.

No you don't - because there no such thing. You pay a tax on your vehicle but that's not a road tax. If cycles were taxed the same way as cars, there's no reason to suspect they wouldn't be zero rated as some cars are.

Oh I didn't know that.

You were right not to know it because it's wrong.

Although I think the 'most cyclists also own cars' argument is a poor one because it implies that cyclists who don't own cars are somehow less worthy than those who do.

why officer?? the lights were flashing and were so bright i was temporarily blinded and distracted and unfortunatly swerved into something:o

I know someone who was crushed by a lorry whilst cycling, i don't find your comments at all amusing.

i very much do pay road tax. bikeist ride for free and damage vehicles and cause all the accidents.

You do realise that cyclists paying road tax wouldn't cure accidents caused by cyclists, right?

most of them dont own cars and vans because they are anti cars.

Myself and every cyclist I know (except for one) owns a car

why officer?? the lights were flashing and were so bright i was temporarily blinded and distracted and unfortunatly swerved into something:o

You've have trouble making that stick as the brightest bike lights aren't as bright as dipped car head lights. You've just claimed that you're eyesight is not good enough for you to drive in the dark.

I know someone who was crushed by a lorry whilst cycling, i don't find your comments at all amusing.

This happens almost weekly .

It is usually a lorry turning left while the cyclist is going straight ahead.

The excuse is always the same, I never saw her Sir.

so, were you the prat that nearly sent me flying the other day near hallam? why do you view yourself exempt from the rules of the road?

I think so! Were you that fat lass that stepped into the road before the green man came on? Why do you view yourself exempt from the rules of crossing the road?

This happens almost weekly .

It is usually a lorry turning left while the cyclist is going straight ahead.

The excuse is always the same, I never saw her Sir.

The

Lesson there is don't cycle up the inside of large vehicles it's hard enough driving these and there are blind spots!

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 09:10 ----------

You've have trouble making that stick as the brightest bike lights aren't as bright as dipped car head lights. You've just claimed that you're eyesight is not good enough for you to drive in the dark.

I think you will find these new flashing super bright lights that some cyclists fit are far in excess of what is legal and is soon to be challenged in court I read somewhere .

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 09:24 ----------

An unfortunate occurrence certainly and sorry to hear that but the fact is cyclists should not be near Hgvs and should give plenty of distance and be aware of cycling on the inside near junctions .

Archived