Brighton Council may introduce 'shooting galleries' for addicts.

In a move to help reduce deaths from overdosing, Brighton council have taken a more holistic approach to the disease of addiction.

Addicts can use the 'shooting galleries' under supervision of health professionals, with access to safe, clean equipment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22188476

Personally, I think money could be better spent on addicts, but this is undoubtedly a step in the right direction.

At least they are taking an alternate look at the situation and are willing to try a fresh approach.

He said there were various models that could be adopted, for example drugs provided by medical professionals or users buying illegal drugs and using them in the rooms.

Not a bad idea if the drugs are provided but I can’t see the point if they allow people to use the illegal drugs they bought on the streets. The way to get rid of drug dealers is for the government to become the drug supplier. .

Not a bad idea if the drugs are provided but I can’t see the point if they allow people to use the illegal drugs they bought on the streets. The way to get rid of drug dealers is for the government to become the drug supplier. .

Which would cut the death rate considerably as the drugs would always be of the same quality.

No chance of corruptness creeping in there then eh!

Archived