Brighton Council may introduce 'shooting galleries' for addicts.

They are not attempting to redeem/rehabilitate the parasites, they are pandering to their weakness, stupidity and selfishness.

Yet the evidence shows that the idea is having positive results in countries that have already adopted the idea.

They are not attempting to redeem/rehabilitate the parasites, they are pandering to their weakness, stupidity and selfishness.

As the war on drugs has been lost yet still remains a crippling drain on much needed resources surely now is the time for a radical rethink,do you not agree?

I don't want to come across bad here but if somebody dies shooting up smack on a street corner is it really that bad?

That's the life they choose, they know the dangers. Of course they should be given help to get off the drug if they want it, but I don't think enabling them is the right way forward.

I expected the idiots to react as they have.

Addiction is a disease. People need help, this is not going to get them off drugs, but it will provide them with a safe place to use and a better, more supportive environment.

It's a step in the right direction.

It's not the people using heroin that are the issue, it's the drug it's self. There's no way on earth that punishing or alienating them going to get them clean.

As I live 5 miles from Brighton I can tell you most of the residents don't want it - its just that we have the Green party in charge of the council and are full of stupid ideas. It will only attract more drug users

Archived