West fertilizer plant explosion in Texas

The US really isn't having a good time of it lately... could be many dead from a factory explosion.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/18/us/texas-explosion/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

It's heartening to hear though that the all volunteer firefighters are turning away help, having had so many turn out to help them. Let's just hope that there are not that many casualties although that sounds unlikley

I have seen the video god it's horrendous, what gets me about this forum is double standards (this is not a dig at you Ticker).

You only have to see the blast to imagine the devastation & people have lost their lives, apparently possibly firefighters also, and we have people making jokes about it.

But when it was a certain ex MP there was moral indignation, cast on anyone who joked about it, this is just an absolute tragedy.

May they RIP and lets hope not too many deaths.

I have seen the video god it's horrendous, what gets me about this forum is double standards (this is not a dig at you Ticker).

You only have to see the blast to imagine the devastation & people have lost their lives, apparently possibly firefighters also, and we have people making jokes about it.

But when it was a certain ex MP there was moral indignation, cast on anyone who joked about it, this is just an absolute tragedy.

You won't get much applause from that speech..not on here you won't. You're right though, absolute moronic responses.

Volunteer fire fighters dead within the blink of an eye and even recorded. I guess the voyeurs will be looking on youtube for something a little more graphic.

I've just seen the video reports on the news, that was one enormous bang. Leaking ammonia causing a BLEVE sounds very plausible, just like Flixborough did.

I hate to think of the casualties have seen that apartment building that seems to have been shredded - it's not looking at all good.

Jokes are not appropriate on this discussion and have been removed. No more please.

Well said... there was a similar response to the breaking news of the Iran earthquake.

Archived