Humour in unexpected places

nomme

I regularly find humour in people's surnames. It often seems to me that whenever someone is interviewed on the news or somewhere, their name often appears to fit their occupation.

Things like Mr Cash, Financial Advisor or Mr Spark, Electrician, etc.

I sometimes think they make the names up just for a laugh - it is amazing how often it happens.

Yeah that is a classic Nomme!! Almost worth a "private eye" entry...

I'm a big fan of irony, myself - Like the other week in America, a head of a road safety group was run over by a bus on her way to make a talk about "how to keep pedestrians safe"...

...or the other day when my mate rang me to explain how pleased he was that he'd blagged someone into giving him a lift home with all his food shopping. Whilst he was still on the phone, I blagged him into doing my food shopping for me... and he didn't get the joke...

... or (my favourite) when the Department of Health recently published an 18 page document on how to reduce beaurocracy (you couldn't make it up!)

Originally posted by Norbo

I regularly find humour in people's surnames. It often seems to me that whenever someone is interviewed on the news or somewhere, their name often appears to fit their occupation.

Things like Mr Cash, Financial Advisor or Mr Spark, Electrician, etc.

I sometimes think they make the names up just for a laugh - it is amazing how often it happens.

I know a Mr. Gardener who really is a gardener.

Those Taiwanglish instructions always make me smile. Another thing made me laugh recently. I was getting those dodgy e mails from Nigeria in terrible English telling me that my uncle had died and was leaving me 3 million pounds or something ridiculous.

When I didn't reply, another e mail came through.

It started off with the question ....'Dear Mr so-and-so, Why are you silent to me?'.

Archived