Miliband not ready to be Prime Minister.

Nope. WeX said it was a loophole.

The correct tax is no tax if they earn below the personal allowance. If they earn above that and they are on PAYE then they pay tax. Like every other person on PAYE they can claim a rebate if they pay too much tax. Because they are immigrants we can't take away their right to claim a rebate like anybody else can.

What I was countering is more silly anti-immigrant claptrap.

If you don't believe me about the PAYE rules look at the HMRC website.

No you made a false claim that they all pay tax and contribute to the UK economy and its very clear that many don’t and are in fact a net drain ion the UK economy.

No you made a false claim that they all pay tax and contribute to the UK economy and its very clear that many don’t and are in fact a net drain ion the UK economy.

Nope. I said if they are on PAYE they will pay the correct tax. Where is it clear people who come here to work are a net drain on the economy. The specific point was about rebates.

You're making it up. Because you are into bashing immigrants.

Nope. I said if they are on PAYE they will pay the correct tax. Where is it clear people who come here to work are a net drain on the economy. The specific point was about rebates.

You're making it up. Because you are into bashing immigrants.

Nope, just pointing out the realty that many immigrants are a net drain on the economy.

Every penny they send back home is a drain on our economy,

Every job they take that could be done by a UK citizen is a net drain on the economy,

Every immigrant claiming benefits is a net drain on the economy,

Increasing the population increased demand on food, energy and housing thereby causing prices to rise.

And to fund this you want our government to borrow more money, thereby creating a much larger future problem.

Nope, just pointing out the realty that many immigrants are a net drain on the economy.

Every job they take that could be done by a UK citizen is a net drain on the economy,

Increasing the population increased demand on food, energy and housing thereby causing prices to rise.

And to fund this you want our government to borrow more money, thereby creating a much larger future problem.

Sounds about right to me, well said.

Angel.

I think the reality is much more complex than you believe. Immigration from eastern Europe is probably beneficial to us:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/alex-massie/2013/02/the-myth-of-the-immigrant-benefit-moocher-part-two/

The article makes a good case for supporting the recent wave of immigration. What I was something similar and a point specifically about this recent wave and the claim about rebates.

Immigration has been a big part of the British story and it will continue to be so.

I think the reality is much more complex than you believe. Immigration from eastern Europe is probably beneficial to us:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/alex-massie/2013/02/the-myth-of-the-immigrant-benefit-moocher-part-two/

The article makes a good case for supporting the recent wave of immigration. What I was something similar and a point specifically about this recent wave and the claim about rebates.

Immigration has been a big part of the British story and it will continue to be so.

I agree it will boost the economy, it will make rich people richer, but it will make everyone else poorer, unemployment will increase, housing cost will increase, energy costs will increase and our dependency on other countries for food and energy will increase, our country will become less sustainable but the rich will get richer.

Excellent post !

I could actually add another 50 reasons also , here's a quick one

Over-crowding: It’s self-evident the roads are congested and can’t take more traffic; likewise the hospitals are bursting; the schools are over-subscribed; the police are stretched to the limit; the prisons are full and there is a housing shortage. Every extra immigrant makes this situation worse. Great Britain is full.

A poll of UK voters suggests that folk do not think Miliband is ready to be Prime Minister.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband-not-ready-yet-to-be-prime-minister-say-majority-in-new-poll-8578311.html

Ed Miliband is dealt a blow today as an exclusive poll finds that a clear majority of Britons do not think he is ready to become prime minister.

Ipsos MORI found that just under one in four people thinks the Labour leader is ready to hold the keys of No 10, while two thirds believe that he is not yet up to the job.

I can't tell you what any of his policies are to know if he is any good because as soon as I hear him speak, I have to switch off. Just something about his voice really grates on me

So, a few things from this thread. There is real concern about immigration, some of it irrational but real concern none the less. I share concerns too - I want us to have the right immigration policy that allows for economic migration where appropriate but also is best for the British economy.

Back to the OP and Miliband I have to be honest I have no idea what Labour's Policy is. I'm more clear where the coalition stands. But the party that is clearest on the issue is UKIP.

Also I agree that Miliband has a massive image problem. He's somehow just highly irritating. He lacks substance. Not clear what he stands for.

A bigger question is are Labour ready. I would say not.

So, a few things from this thread. There is real concern about immigration, some of it irrational but real concern none the less. I share concerns too - I want us to have the right immigration policy that allows for economic migration where appropriate but also is best for the British economy.

Back to the OP and Miliband I have to be honest I have no idea what Labour's Policy is. I'm more clear where the coalition stands. But the party that is clearest on the issue is UKIP.

Also I agree that Miliband has a massive image problem. He's somehow just highly irritating. He lacks substance. Not clear what he stands for.

A bigger question is are Labour ready. I would say not.

Surely it should be in the best interest of the people, a growing economy doesn't mean everyone is better off. The economy can grow just by increasing the population and whilst the majority are getting poorer.

One the other hand the economy can shrink whilst the majority are getting wealthier and the population is decreasing.

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 15:26 ----------

Excellent post !

I could actually add another 50 reasons also , here's a quick one

Over-crowding: It’s self-evident the roads are congested and can’t take more traffic; likewise the hospitals are bursting; the schools are over-subscribed; the police are stretched to the limit; the prisons are full and there is a housing shortage. Every extra immigrant makes this situation worse. Great Britain is full.

Makes you wonder when some folk will pull their heads out of the sand; maybe another 20 million will wake them up to the fact that Britain was full and now it’s too late.

Archived