Miliband not ready to be Prime Minister.

Nope, just pointing out the realty that many immigrants are a net drain on the economy.

Every penny they send back home is a drain on our economy,

Every job they take that could be done by a UK citizen is a net drain on the economy,

Every immigrant claiming benefits is a net drain on the economy,

Increasing the population increased demand on food, energy and housing thereby causing prices to rise.

And to fund this you want our government to borrow more money, thereby creating a much larger future problem.

Abu Qatada is an immigrant look at the benefits he brought to the country.

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 22:01 ----------

The government have increased employment significantly in the last 3 years. Perhaps an extra million jobs have been created and yet unemployment has not fallen.

The reason is pretty straightforward. A worker can come here from Eastern Europe and take a job. He can stay 6 months or so and earn £9,440 and then return home. He will not pay a penny in income tax, but will take advantage of many of our state benefits. All this time our state is having to pay benefits to the person whose job has been taken.

If that's not a drain on our economy I don't know what is.

Abu Qatada is an immigrant look at the benefits he brought to the country.

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 22:01 ----------

The government have increased employment significantly in the last 3 years. Perhaps an extra million jobs have been created and yet unemployment has not fallen.

The reason is pretty straightforward. A worker can come here from Eastern Europe and take a job. He can stay 6 months or so and earn £9,440 and then return home. He will not pay a penny in income tax, but will take advantage of many of our state benefits. All this time our state is having to pay benefits to the person whose job has been taken.

If that's not a drain on our economy I don't know what is.

I understand the argument well but would love to see some evidence.

A couple of points:

1. Why would somebody earn £9,440 in six months then go back, just to avoid tax. Taking the year as a whole they would be better earning another £9,440 and continue to claim benefits. Like I said, some evidence please to prove that this is widespread reality.

2. The million jobs. Maybe a break down of how many full and part time jobs were created, and how many were taken by immigrants. Could you provide that?

I understand the argument well but would love to see some evidence.

A couple of points:

1. Why would somebody earn £9,440 in six months then go back, just to avoid tax. Taking the year as a whole they would be better earning another £9,440 and continue to claim benefits. Like I said, some evidence please to prove that this is widespread reality.

2. The million jobs. Maybe a break down of how many full and part time jobs were created, and how many were taken by immigrants. Could you provide that?

Maybe because they would prefer to live in their own country with their family and six months work gives them enough money to keep their family going for the rest of the year. They can come back every year and work 6 months and then go home for six months. Whilst here they spend a little as possible and send most of the money home.

Maybe because they would prefer to live in their own country with their family and six months work gives them enough money to keep their family going for the rest of the year. They can come back every year and work 6 months and then go home for six months. Whilst here they spend a little as possible and send most of the money home.

Maybe. But if they did that then no tax is due. That's the system. Maybe they come here for six months to do work like harvesting crops in the back end of nowhere, jobs British people won't do for the pay on offer.

Anyway, these are maybes. Evidence please of numbers involved and estimated loss to the Treasury.

Maybe. But if they did that then no tax is due. That's the system. Maybe they come here for six months to do work like harvesting crops in the back end of nowhere, jobs British people won't do for the pay on offer.

Anyway, these are maybes. Evidence please of numbers involved and estimated loss to the Treasury.

That’s correct many do come here to work our fields, this is work that our unemployed should be encouraged to do, it would be better for our economy if our unemployed were allowed to work the fields cash in hand whilst still receiving benefits.

It’s a win win, the farmer gets some cheap labour, the unemployed get some exercise, work experience and some extra money to spend in our economy.

That’s correct many do come here to work our fields, this is work that our unemployed should be encouraged to do, it would be better for our economy if our unemployed were allowed to work the fields cash in hand whilst still receiving benefits.

It’s a win win, the farmer gets some cheap labour, the unemployed get some exercise, work experience and some extra money to spend in our economy.

I understand the argument. How do you do it without making it look like back breaking slave labour

I understand the argument. How do you do it without making it look like back breaking slave labour

Most people won’t see it as back breaking slave labour, they will see it as working to make them better off, as long as people are better off in work they will work, and an extra £100 to £200 a week on top of benefits would be a good incentive to do the work.

Most people won’t see it as back breaking slave labour, they will see it as working to make them slaves better off, as long as people are better off in work they will work, and an extra £100 to £200 a week on top of benefits would be a good incentive to do the work.

No they won't people will only work if there are jobs and only then, maybe. It's the way it is and it will never change. If you disagree and want to beat yourself up about it that's fine by me.

Miliband is an unprincipled coward with the backbone of an amoeba.

Or so says George Galloway today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22307221

Reports of the meeting prompted rumours that Mr Galloway could rejoin Labour. Mr Miliband has denied this and says he does not want Mr Galloway to be an MP.

Labour would be scraping the bottom of the barral if they did take this weasel back

Archived