Miliband not ready to be Prime Minister.

Looks like things are heading in the right direction.

There were 28.86 million people in employment aged 16 and over January 2010

There were 29.59 million people in employment aged 16 and over, up 212,000 on March to May 2012 and up 510,000 on a year earlier.

There were 29.73 million people in employment aged 16 and over, up 154,000 on July to September 2012 and up 584,000 on a year earlier.

5.5 million people employed in the public sector 2000.

6.1 million people employed in the public sector 2005.

6.3 million people employed in the public sector 2009.

5.7 million people employed in the public sector 2012.

It probably means there are more people here. I thought you didn't like that.

It probably means there are more people here. I thought you didn't like that.

That’s why we have growing unemployment and rising employment, the population is increasing faster than the economy can create new jobs, its easily solved if we had a government with the will to stop of slow the population growth.

That’s why we have growing unemployment and rising employment, the population is increasing faster than the economy can create new jobs, its easily solved if we had a government with the will to stop of slow the population growth.

Then how are we heading in the right direction?

More workers producing less each, more unemployment, more people.

Looks like the wrong direction. It's everything you argue against.

Then how are we heading in the right direction?

More workers producing less each, more unemployment, more people.

Looks like the wrong direction. It's everything you argue against.

I was referring to the fact that there are now more people working in the private sector to pay the wages of fewer people in the public sector. Clearly there is much to do to make the public sector affordable and sustainable; obviously we need more high paying full time jobs in the private sector and fewer high paying jobs in the public sector. Allowing the population to fall would also improve the sustainability of the public sector.

I was referring to the fact that there are now more people working in the private sector to pay the wages of fewer people in the public sector. Clearly there is much to do to make the public sector affordable and sustainable; obviously we need more high paying full time jobs in the private sector and fewer high paying jobs in the public sector. Allowing the population to fall would also improve the sustainability of the public sector.

A falling population could make the public sector less sustainable. One of the important aspects of this is the age profile of the population. You know this and it pretty much destroys your anti-immigration arguments.

It isn't true.

Debt isn't down.

The benefit bill is increasing.

The million jobs. Debateable. Nearly 200,000 were simply transfers from public to private sector, jobs that already existed in the education sector.

The Office of National statistics state (April 2013) that the debt is reduced by 8.9%. If you dispute this tell them not me.

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 10:07 ----------

I already have done. So have plenty of others.

If you can show me evidence that our debt is down (as you claimed), I'd be very surprised.

You stick to slinging mud. I'll stick to facts.

Please see reply above, no mud slung, facts dear boy facts.

The Office of National statistics state (April 2013) that the debt is reduced by 8.9%. If you dispute this tell them not me.

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 10:07 ----------

Please see reply above, no mud slung, facts dear boy facts.

I think you have deficit and debt mixed up, dear boy:)

Yes I absolutely dispute it because it's not true. Where are you getting your duff data from?

Archived