Miliband not ready to be Prime Minister.

Public Sector deficit 7.18 billion reduction in Feb this year compared to Y/E Feb last year

Current BD down 1.1b

Public sector borrowing down by 28b

Info from yesterdays Guardian Datablog.

Read it and weep.

Only £7.18bn? Maybe if people didn't try and dodge the £69.9bn a year in tax which we're light on, we would have better public services. http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2011/11/tax-avoidance-justice-network

Still, with VAT Man and The Boy Blunder in charge, I wouldn't expect things to get better. They have little intention of clamping down on tax avoidance despite saying otherwise. It's just a con with them trying to appease public opinion.

"But when it comes to the vexed subject of tax avoidance, his successor George Osborne has taken the deception to a new level and, after three years, pulled off a stunning confidence trick."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/mar/17/osborne-new-rules-tax-avoidance-dodge

Labour have to serve their cooling off period. They're a failed party, and they'll rebuild. The Conservatives went through it with their Hague/Duncan Smith/Howard years.

The difference is is that Labour have had around a 10 point lead in the polls for about a year. The public have been more forgiving about Labour than they were of the Cons, partly due to the ConDems disatrous economic policies which has seen growth turned into contraction.

The difference is is that Labour have had around a 10 point lead in the polls for about a year. The public have been more forgiving about Labour than they were of the Cons, partly due to the ConDems disatrous economic policies which has seen growth turned into contraction.

I would think the public are happy that population growth has slowed and debt growth has slowed.

You enjoy that then. Let's see how it pans out.

I wouldn't bet on a Labour win at the next election.

Can't see the Cons winning, economy still likely to be in mire and they couldn't get a majority last time, Lib Dems in total disarray, Ukip factor taking votes mainly from Cons......

All negative things I suppose, Milliband is better than I thought he'd be but wasn't expecting too much from him. He has a lot to do to convince many, but he has time. He needs to come up with some big ideas to regenerate the economy and rebalance it back towards manufacturing and engineering.

You enjoy that then. Let's see how it pans out.

I wouldn't bet on a Labour win at the next election.

Going to be interesting.

Would Labour failing to win include a scenario where they didn't win outright and formed a coalition with the LibDems?

---------- Post added 21-04-2013 at 18:02 ----------

The evidence is in the numbers, more people in work as well as more people out of work means there are more people of working age.

It’s down but not gone and the working age population is still growing faster than job creation, clearly we can’t stop kids turning into adults but we cut net immigration to a point in which job creation exceeds population expansion.

What evidence?

A million new jobs since coalition started and net migration of 650,000. Who is doing the other 350,000 jobs?

What evidence?

A million new jobs since coalition started and net migration of 650,000. Who is doing the other 350,000 jobs?

I imagine that will be kids that turned into adults, and adults that were claiming incapacity benefits or unemployment benefits.

But if net migration had been zero or negative there would have been more of our youngsters and unemployed working.

Archived