Will you pop pills by the dozen?

We have had a thread where someone stated that they were on various pills.

Is this a good thing, and can it be avoided?

High blood pressure, a symptom of our unhealthy lifestyles. We are mostly heading in that direction. I am 50 years old, but still reasonably healthy. I like to sallow multi-vitamins, but I have never liked taking any medication, let the body heal itself.

Forgive me for saying this, but if you are still in the fortuitous position of never having been given the choice of either taking pills or dying of a serious infection or cancer, or taking pills or living in constant agony then I think you're very very lucky.

I don't like taking pills either, but I take them nevertheless. I took chemo, I take painkillers, I take pills to protect me from the painkillers, I regularly take steroids and antibiotics because my lungs shut down due to asthma and regular bronchitis.

Whether I like the pills is pretty irrelevant to be honest, since it's not whether I like them that matters, it's whether I'm prepared to die rather than take antibiotics that really matters isn't it?

We have had a thread where someone stated that they were on various pills.

Is this a good thing, and can it be avoided?

High blood pressure, a symptom of our unhealthy lifestyles. We are mostly heading in that direction. I am 50 years old, but still reasonably healthy. I like to sallow multi-vitamins, but I have never liked taking any medication, let the body heal itself.

Not a lot of choice with congenital heart disorders.

I was thinking more about blood pressure. Is it stattins that lowers BP?

Statins lower cholesterol and do nothing at all for blood pressure.

For the record, ricin, taxol, aconitum, deadly nightshade, digitalis, arsenic and hundreds of other compounds are natural ;)

Statins lower cholesterol and do nothing at all for blood pressure.

For the record, ricin, taxol, aconitum, deadly nightshade, digitalis, arsenic and hundreds of other compounds are natural ;)

Arsenic is an element. :D

It happens to be my favourite element.

Most people can lower their BP by changing their diet, I had a friend that had very high blood pressure, due to her lifestyle.

Statistically, whilst some people MAY be able to lower their blood pressure, whether they can reduce it enough to bring it back down to a normal range using diet and lifestyle changes alone is very doubtful, and that's assuming that their blood pressure is due to the lifestyle and diet causes alone.

If you happen to have a family tendency to have hypertension then no amount of lifestyle changes will make any difference. My OH had hypertension when he had no other lifestyle indicators at all apart from being male, and that was because everybody in his family has hypertension as soon as they are adults.

Archived