Will you pop pills by the dozen?

Most people can lower their BP by changing their diet, I had a friend that had very high blood pressure, due to her lifestyle.

Yes, diet and lifestyle choices can make a major difference but why would you not tackle a condition using all available credible resources, including medication?

Yes, diet and lifestyle choices can make a major difference but why would you not tackle a condition using all available credible resources, including medication?

Perhaps its down to priority, do you try to change your diet/lifestyle first, or just take the pills prescribed.

My inclination, is against medication, that works for me.

And it can harm the fetus if consumed by the mother whilst expecting, as can other drugs.

I just checked - I won't be becoming preggys anyday soon :suspect:

---------- Post added 18-04-2013 at 23:44 ----------

That was wrote by someone with a beard wearing sandals. never trust such people.

Have to admit that's my look. Can't be bothered to shave and the placement of socks and shoes becomes problamatic (is that a word?) when 24/7 drunk.

Who's told you that rubbish ? :suspect:

Sorry to pull you up but you are way off the mark thinking that Foetal Alcohol Syndrome is rubbish.

Of course, I don't expect you to believe me, but the information is out there.

Foetal Alcohol Syndrome is the biggest cause of non-genetic mental handicap in the western world and the only one that is 100% preventable. http://www.fasaware.co.uk/

Perhaps its down to priority, do you try to change your diet/lifestyle first, or just take the pills prescribed.

My inclination, is against medication, that works for me.

As I said in my first post, then you are very lucky indeed never to have been forced to take that choice.

Those who have cancer and who have to choose to take medicine they know to be toxic but which aim to kill their tumour before it kills them, or to choose to have radiotherapy which they know could give them a different tumour in 20 years' time (which may be more dangerous than the original tumour) but which may mean that they SURVIVE long enough to get a different tumour in 20 years' time- those people aren't so lucky as to being able to decide that pills really aren't very nice.

I'm in the group of those who chose life over death and the consequence is life long medication. I don't feel guilty about it and I certainly don't feel that others have the right to preach to me about me being 'wrong' because I should have chosen a natural path when I was facing imminent death.

Archived