Labour bets the house with pledge to outspend Tories

That's a fair point, but there will always be stuff to build and repair. Ultimately, I guess that we all need to settle for less.

Until then, some affordable housing would be nice.

Afordable houseing is achievable without building more.

Labour haven't got a clue. They just don't learn from their mistakes. People that vote for them just want free things today, and never mind about the future.

You make it sound like the Tories do have a clue. From what I've been reading this week it's quite possible that Osborne has made one of the biggest mistakes in British economic history. More later. Much more :)

You make it sound like the Tories do have a clue. From what I've been reading this week it's quite possible that Osborne has made one of the biggest mistakes in British economic history. More later. Much more :)

Ho the suspense, you can’t leave it like that, it’s like the end of a series when you have to wait months for the next series to start. :D

Afordable houseing is achievable without building more.

Sorry, is it National Pedants day or something?

Let me reword my last sentence:

"Until then, some affordable housing, or decent roads, or new railways, or urban regeneration projects, or similar socially useful projects would be nice."

Sorry if that appears a bit clumsy:rolleyes:

Sorry, is it National Pedants day or something?

Let me reword my last sentence:

"Until then, some affordable housing, or decent roads, or new railways, or urban regeneration projects, or similar socially useful projects would be nice."

Sorry if that appears a bit clumsy:rolleyes:

Lots of things would be nice, but we are in the mess we are in because lots of people wanted nice things they couldn't afford.

Ho the suspense, you can’t leave it like that, it’s like the end of a series when you have to wait months for the next series to start. :D

Basically the academics whose work Osborne has based his austerity plans on have just been completely discredited. The full story hasn't come out yet but their work looks seriously flawed.

Archived