Rolf Harris - Arrested

Quite puzzled as to why the media (including this forum) decided to protect Rolf Harris up till now in a manner that they didn't with Dave Lee Travis and others.

It's like there's been some collective "oh no it can't be him".

Yeah but the hype of sensationalism distracts public attention away from how bad the government is doing and the state of the economy.

Oh for Christ sakes, give it a rest:loopy:

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 09:05 ----------

Oh no.....I really hope it turns out to be untrue. So many of my childhood favorites have had a darker side revealed. I hate it. I feel so deceived.

It makes you wonder why these allegations weren't made years ago........perhaps no money in it then!

Quite puzzled as to why the media (including this forum) decided to protect Rolf Harris up till now in a manner that they didn't with Dave Lee Travis and others.

Me too "Lessons have been learned with Jimmy Saville".

Erm, no they haven't. The same is happening again.

And ITV aren't squeaky clean either. Remember Fred the weatherman from Richard and Judy's "This Morning"? He was wanted for questioning by the police for historical abuse claims, but he co-incidentally went abroad.

And while ITV were point scoring over the BBC about Saville, news of one of their own went unreported.

And have you seen much on ITV news about the two Corrie actors currently fighting abuse allegations (Frank Foster and Kevin Webster), because I certainly haven't, both regionally and nationally.

Archived