Rolf Harris - Arrested

Like Jimmy (before the allegations came out), Rolf appears to be a paragon of virtue.

But its easy to find something negative about DLT, Davidson, Clifford, Glitter, in that they're all pretty offensive and odious characters before any sexual allegations are mentioned!

Like Jimmy (before the allegations came out), Rolf appears to be a paragon of virtue.

But its easy to find something negative about DLT, Davidson, Clifford, Glitter, in that they're all pretty offensive and odious characters before any sexual allegations are mentioned!

Exactly. Which is why I find the media consensus on who can and can't be given the benefit of doubt concerning. That attitude was part of the problem in the first place.

Quite puzzled as to why the media (including this forum) decided to protect Rolf Harris up till now in a manner that they didn't with Dave Lee Travis and others.

It's like there's been some collective "oh no it can't be him".

I know - same beard an' all - it ought to have been obvious.

---------- Post added 19-04-2013 at 14:20 ----------

Oh! I am dreading the knock at the door at 3am in the morning to be dragged fro my warm bed to be waterboarded into a confession for twanging Alice Smiths bra strap in 1962, perish the thought I may need councilling after this.

Hi,

I married Alice Smith - I just showed her your post and she said not to worry - she accepts it was just a bit of high jinx and no offence was taken at the time and she's no intentions of pressing charges. So you can relax!

She has asked though if you would mind returning her smalls that you took from the washing line?

There were a number of sites naming the "unnamed 82-year-old man from Berkshire" three months ago.

There was never any court order or injunction preventing publication, the delay was the decision of the media editors alone.

Dave Lee Travis, Jim Davidson, Max Clifford, Paul Gadd, and others get named ASAP but Rolf Harris gets the consensus of silence.

I find this quite concerning.

Yes this information was given out months ago by a certain well known ex Surrey Detective.

He was so sure of his info that he stated "I would not dare state it otherwise"

So that was enough to convince me.

Also an article today states Police refused to confirm that Harris was being investigated.

(When the name slipped out.) Wonder why that was then ??????? and by whose orders.

Quick warning to posters dont mention Jimmy Saville. A few threads have been pulled as there are legal issues with discussing him. I dont want this discussion pulled as well.
There isn't really anything much to discuss. Rolf Harris has been arrested presumably for allegations that he is accused of now that happened in the distant past.

Other famous people are under investigation and likely to be so for some time, until someone is put on trial.

If and when that ever happens, whether there would ever be enough evidence to convict any of them in a court of law remains to be seen, its all speculation.

Archived