Jimmy Crawford?

Hi Salsunshine7 Yes Chic Wilson did play for Jimmy Crawford in the early sixties along with Frank White, Kenny Slade, and Gran Lawman. Chic is my father and was reunited with Jimmy last year at my fathers 65th birthday to play a few songs along with Gran Lawman on bass and myself on drums.He is still in good health. I Would love to see the photo. Regards. Steve Wilson

• 1 month later...

HY SCRYDER24.

I HAVE SOME COPIES OF A PHOTGRAPH OF JIMMY CRAWFORD AND THE SHANTELLS FEATURING YOUR DAD AND BIG PETE JOHNSON, MALCOM TURNER AND PETE HORNSBY.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY GET INTOUCH WITH ME BY EMAIL AT peterclarkcllr@clark2.e7even.com.

I BELIEVE JIMMY IS 70 THIS YEAR DO YOU KNOW WHEN HIS BIRTHDAY IS AND DID YOU PASS MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO HIM?

REGARDS,

PETER CLARK.

HY SCRYDER24.

I HAVE SOME COPIES OF A PHOTGRAPH OF JIMMY CRAWFORD AND THE SHANTELLS FEATURING YOUR DAD AND BIG PETE JOHNSON, MALCOM TURNER AND PETE HORNSBY.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY GET INTOUCH WITH ME BY EMAIL AT peterclarkcllr@clark2.e7even.com.

I BELIEVE JIMMY IS 70 THIS YEAR DO YOU KNOW WHEN HIS BIRTHDAY IS AND DID YOU PASS MY EMAIL ADDRESS TO HIM?

REGARDS,

PETER CLARK.

Hi Pete,Sorry you seem to have sent a message meant for scryder24.To me. My father Chic Wilson was in the Ravens and not the Shantells. Regards. Steve Wilson

Hi Steviestix,

Sorry I Sent You The Message Intended For Skyryder24 But I Would Just Like To Say I Knew Your Dad Chic, I Remember His Distintive Hairstyle With A Quiff Combed Forward Over His Forehead.

When The Ravens Used To Arrive At Brigg My Hometown In A Orange Bedfoed Dormobile With Jimmy Crawford And The Ravens Printed On The Side Of It I Used To Help With Offloading The Guitars And Amplifiers At The Venue "the Corn Exchange" Which They Would Be Performing In The Evening And Jimmy Would Arrive Later In His Car. And In The Evening My Girlfriend Carol My Present Wife Would Go And Watch The Evening Performance.

Kind Regards,

Pete.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I knew Jimmy and his wife,Maureen.

I worked with Jimmy in 1970.We were on television together for Opportunity Knocks in '70.Great act did'nt know he had died though.

He had one hit record.But made at least one album.

Peter,

Thank you for that good news.

I have not seen him for years.

I live in Tenerife now.

I willget his address somehow.

If you look back at my earlier post in this thread you will see that in 2006 Jimmy was living in the Chaddesden area of Derby.