Astral Projection - 'OBE' - Meetup??

Can you suggest a good book to read about this / techniques? Dennis Wheatley used to touch on this in some of his 'occult' based books :suspect:

Yes I read 'The Devil Rides Out' which mentions it a lot, and a sort of 'jump' to get back into the body after the OBE

Hi all,

@cressida - Yes the natural state is to snap back into your body so it actually takes some time to get used to the sensations and not get too excited and immediately find yourself back in your physical wide awake.

@ lil-minx92 - A good book to begin with is : Leaving the Body - by D Scott Rogo

Although to be honest there's such a wealth of information on the internet you could save a few pounds and have a search. Many of the techniques used are the same from book to book - For instance positive affirmations, sleep interruption and the use of hemi sync or binaural beat tracks.

If you want to know more it really is worth attending a workshop just to understand the basics or feel free to come along to our next meetup (me, brother and friend) and happy to explain all about it.

@alcoblog - I've not come across the vomiting you ask about.. You do get some strange sensations when you return to your physical and also when leaving but i've never had anyone say the wanted to vomit.

Well, I think someone has to add that there's absolutely no evidence that out of body experiences exist and that all information contained in this post is for entertainment value only. You very well may believe you are travelling 'astrally' but there's absolutely no evidence of any kind to support this. Indeed, there's been plenty of research done to discredit OBEs as nothing more than a form of hypnotic suggestion.

Well, I think someone has to add that there's absolutely no evidence that out of body experiences exist and that all information contained in this post is for entertainment value only. You very well may believe you are travelling 'astrally' but there's absolutely no evidence of any kind to support this. Indeed, there's been plenty of research done to discredit OBEs as nothing more than a form of hypnotic suggestion.

It's not really for you to make a statement that someone else's thread is for entertainment value only is it?

That would be for the OP to state, and I somehow don't think they're about to do that!

Archived