Which business or place would you like to live near to?

(snipped...)

I used to live by the sea, and that was sheer bliss!!!!....Going down to the shore on stormy nights were my favourite, seeing giant waves pound the seashore. Happy days indeed!

Hmmm? :huh:

I didn't realise that the Birmingham canals were tidal... :D

I lived near enough to hear the shouting and skreecking, it was horrible-you don't hear any laughter.

Every school I walk past I have heard laughter - it is joyous (don't use that word usually)

It's one of the most uplifting sounds imo

---------- Post added 22-04-2013 at 16:30 ----------

Good grief Cressida. I can't think of anything worse than living opposite a school. It's really noisy. There's the litter kids generate. Parking is another nightmare issue with parents picking up and dropping their 'little darlings'. Noooo thank you!

I used to live by the sea, and that was sheer bliss!!!!....Going down to the shore on stormy nights were my favourite, seeing giant waves pound the seashore. Happy days indeed!

Well Pete, we must have had different experiences I have never seen any litter and the icecream van used to stop outside my youngest son's school, we used to pick him up along with other parents and it was a quiet and quick 'operation'

I must say I do not enjoy the behaviour of some kids in supermarkets or toddlers who kick the highchairs - maybe it's the school teachers who command more respect than some of the parents!

Every school I walk past I have heard laughter - it is joyous (don't use that word usually)

It's one of the most uplifting sounds imo

Hahaha....every one I've been past isn't my idea of joyous! Yes there can be laughter....But there's also a lot of shouting, swearing and screaming....not to mention as I said in my earlier post, the parking issues, and litter.

Also, sadly, in this day and age. If a bloke 'did' enjoy watching and listening to the happy children, he's likely to be thought of as some kind of perv!...It's a sad reflection of the world we live in today. :(

Going down to the shore on stormy nights were my favourite, seeing giant waves pound the seashore.

Well Pete we'll have to disagree again, stormy nights are when one should be in bed, personally I can't think of anything sexier than making 'whoopee' when there is a storm, and even when it's thunder and lightning - must go and cool down now;)

Well Pete we'll have to disagree again, stormy nights are when one should be in bed, personally I can't think of anything sexier than making 'whoopee' when there is a storm, and even when it's thunder and lightning - must go and cool down now;)

Well....I agree there...given the choice! :love::hihi:

i used to live next door to a pub - it was in a nice quiet village - pub next door, corner shop and chippy over the road - happy times

Can't beat Coronation Street for amenities:

pub

corner shop

paper shop

restaurant

doctors

chippy

cafe

garage

bookies

factory for employment

I would love to live there if it wasn't for the high murder rate.

EDIT: Forgot taxi firm

Archived