Know of any good urban nights?

peacenlove

Why should I go out and change it? When did I say I cared that there were no decent Urban nights in Sheffield? Exactly, I didnt, because I dont care enough to change it. Unless of course you are trying to say that I am not allowed to have my own opinion, and in my opinion, Sheffield is crap for Urban nights.

No what i was saying is that if you care enough to come on a mongboard and moan about it why don't you do something about it. From your posts I was not aware you were apathetic to the plight of urban fans in Sheffield..... So my apologies for questioning your right to moan....

Why should I go out and change it? When did I say I cared that there were no decent Urban nights in Sheffield? Exactly, I didnt, because I dont care enough to change it. Unless of course you are trying to say that I am not allowed to have my own opinion, and in my opinion, Sheffield is crap for Urban nights.

LoL LoL LoL LoL LoL

Tuesday at bhanus may be ok but i think most people will want something on a weekend.There are good nights in sheffield for reggae and rnb but it means going into pitsmoor which alot of people wont do, i personally have no problem with it but i suppose it depends where you want to go.I too have been at a loss since the orchis changed hands,and like spyro if i had ooodles of cash the first thing i would do is sort out the problem and open a decent club playing good sounds.

Trust me, if I had the resources I would! But being a student, I guess that's out of the question! What's wrong with tuesdays at Banus then? Also, is it studenty? I am desperately looking for good non-student nights as, even though I'm one myself, they frickin pee me off!!:rant:

peacenlove, for this tues nite the priority advance tickets go to students only but non students are welcome on the door. this event will have a good mix of students and non students. check it out, you wont know until you try. yes my opinion maybe biased but thats why I am saying try it and then make your own choice on what you think to it.

So what about saturday nights? Was actually looking for a classy saturday night RnB place. I've heard Empire's alright, but somehow don't get the feeling it's gonna be too classy. I want to go all out and get really dressed up, but only if the occassion's right!:banana: :banana: :banana:

hey peacenlove,

i know exactly what you mean girl - I too have been on the search for the same kind of night in Sheffield since I moved here (1.5yrs ago). I have looked long and hard and I really dont think that a classy Rnb/Urban place is on offer in Sheffield. Sola looked as if they had a good idea going on on Saturdays a while back, and its a classy place but its too out of the way to ever be busy. Damn Shame so it is!

So I'm guessing you're a student too? Ah well, guess I'll just have to accept defeat as it doesn't look like I'm going to find anywhere. What's a girl to do when you can't even find a decent RnB place in one of the biggest cities in the UK!? Damn I miss home! So it looks like it's Empire for me this saturday then! Thanks for the replies people.:thumbsup:

I've heard Republic have a decent night on a Friday. But it might be mainly students though.

There were decent urban nights a few years back (such as Brown Street, Element, Club Zero), but all of them have closed down for one reason or another. Sheffield is good for other music types other than urban music so it seems.

I mean, I'm born and raised in this city and I've seen my fair share of good clubs playing the music I like (urban), then they get shut down due to drugs, shootings and whatever else..............It's unfortunate.

hey what time do you have to be home before you're grounded?

Sheffield is brimming with urban nights. That is the crux of the music scene here!

Off the top of my head... Phonetics, Chocolate city, Kabal, LDL, Pussycat Lounge, Jungle Juice, Tuesday CLub, Riddimtion and that really is just off the top of my head. Wake up and try keeping your eyes peeled for some less obvious methods of promotion than fliers and boards!

Oh the idea of somebody telling folk from other cities we are devoid of urban nights made me join the forum just to reply!

You heathens you... (jest)

If you want a big night try feb 17th at plug good mix of music styles (shy fx, andy c and the phonetics crew - hip hop, brazilian d&b, funk, broken beats), if you want a quiet one try chocolate city fri 24th feb at the runaway girl (the old 1-11 jazz club at 111 arundel street).

Archived